Need help finding replacement slide out motor for 2005 K-Z Sportsmen 2903

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emeraldsky9

We have a model # for the one we need from AL-KO but I cannot find the correct website to order it ... or if we could know which one would also work from Amazon it would be fine ...
the only website that comes up for AL-KO does not seem to be the correct one for the U.S.
The one we need from AL-KO seems to be: item W1246129 12 volt, P-260-GR-mo1-2 90 RPM but can't find it anywhere. Please help if you can!

It's an Al-Ko slide mechanism? Didn't know they ever made one! Your best bet is to try to cross-reference the motor by part number or the specs on the motor label. Al-ko almost surely did not make the motor - they bought it from a OEM motor manufacturer.

I Googled Al-ko slide motor and got these hits. Does it look right?

It's an Al-Ko slide mechanism? Didn't know they ever made one! Your best bet is to try to cross-reference the motor by part number or the specs on the motor label. Al-ko almost surely did not make the motor - they bought it from a OEM motor manufacturer.

I Googled Al-ko slide motor and got these hits. Does it look right?
Thank you for trying … I don’t think those are the one we need … I’ll try to attach the picture of the one that the former owner said we need … but I can’t find that website
(AL-KO) that it’s from to order it …

Attachments

• A9AACAFA-1E7D-4C19-990F-BDE18A946E6A.jpeg
    A9AACAFA-1E7D-4C19-990F-BDE18A946E6A.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 20
Al-Ko USA doesn't seem to have a website any longer.

I would not want to rely on the former owners opinion of the necessary part. Use your own eyeballs. Get the part out so you can find any identifying marks from the motor manufacturer or AlKo.

I did remove the entire motor (works fine) and gearbox (shredded) and the specs on mine are identical to the Adacel. I will most likely retrofit my KZ with the Klauber K01289A400. Your thoughts?
1. If you go the retrofit route, be careful about the AMP draw of the new motor as opposed to the old one. If it draws more amps, then you may fry an electrical circuit.
2. If the new motor/gearbox puts out more torque, can the mechanism take it?
3. RPM output. If it's slower, it may take longer to extend/retract the slide.
Sounds like a fun project...good luck!

We are having the same issue, with our KZ RBW motor/gear on our slide out. We are in need only the gear box.
Any suggestions for a replacement. We are unable to locate the same gear box.

We are having the same issue, with our KZ RBW motor/gear on our slide out. We are in need only the gear box.
Any suggestions for a replacement. We are unable to locate the same gear box.
I found a tech online who informed me that the entire mechanism was made by RBW Industries, and has since gone out of business. (Of course) As long as your replacement motor has the same amp draw and gear ratio (I think mine is 49to1) you should be good. Bolt holes look to be the same but can be modified on the mounting plate. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom