need help locating any information and manuals for a 1996 Terry Travel Trailer 30G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wenzel

I just purchased a 1996 Terry Travel Trailer 30G
VIN ID: 1EA1G3027T4064538
It needs a lot of work. We need to replace/fix the roof, slide out doesn't go in all the way, parts are missing including the keys....
What is the best place to find stuff to fix this thing with and how do I know what all is missing?
Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance!!!

Paperwork is going to be hard to find, if not impossible. Replacement appliances can be purchased from most RV supply stores or from Amazon. Basically, everything except the microwave, the TV, and the outlets will be 12V in order to be used from the battery when no 120V power is available. The 12V wiring is actually pretty simple and will use a chassis ground. I suggest that a place to start is to read "The 12V Side of Life" by Mark Nemeth before you begin as it will help you to understand how things worked.

For the amount of money it would take to make that TT useable you could instead buy a newer trailer that did not need all the labor and expense of repairing the TT. The things you need to be done to it is way to difficult and expensive for the average backyard mechanic. I predict if you do decide to repair it that you will never complete the project. I am sorry to be negative but investing a lot of time and money into a money pit will be fruitless.

Thank you all for the information. Last night we started cleaning it out and found most of the missing doors and parts. I think the biggest issues now is the roof and AC! Where might I be able to find a replacement one of these pretty cheap?

Thank you all for the information. Last night we started cleaning it out and found most of the missing doors and parts. I think the biggest issues now is the roof and AC! Where might I be able to find a replacement one of these pretty cheap?
The a/c may only need new capacitors and cleaning of the coolant fins. Worth a try. New RV a/c units cost from $650 to over a $1,000.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom