Need help with waste pump!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenhouseMassive

I have a fifth wheel on a split property in downtown Pensacola, FL... it's on the back half of the property, so it sits a decent distance from the road (<100ft). Now, I've been using a wheelie cart to take care of the waste removal, but honestly I'm pretty over that. My situation calls for a pump that can move the waste up a very slight incline --- is there anything that can help me? I really only have to get the waste 50-75ft... I know a maceration pump can move the waste through a garden hose, but how far of a distance can I make it? I don't wanna spend an arm and a leg on a solution but I will if I have to. Thanks!

I would imagine the spec sheet would give you your answers if not, contact the manufacturer. oh and welcome to the forum. Someone will be here soon explaining their situation

When I used a Flo-Jet portable (Which by the way I still have though no longer use) i had a 50 foot 3/4" (7/8ths is better) BLACK rubber hose.. you can likely figure out what it was used for.. i also had a 25' GRAY which on one occasion I hooked to it (normally I used the gray hose for Gray tank #2 as a gravity drain)

ONE caution with the Flo-Jet. ... if not used for a few days the pump "sticks' and this will pop the 25 amp fuse... But it's hyper easy to fix.
The moto shaft extends out the other end of the motor and there is a "Slot" in the end of the shaft.. Take a flat "Tool" like a big washer. or even a quarter and give it a twist before you hook up and it's good to pump .

As I recall the flo-jet is rated 100' over flat land with a 7/8" hose or about five feet up (or a combination of the two Higher UP shorter OUT.)

The waste outlet pipe is the same whether a trailer or motorhome, so yes any of the RV macerators will hook up to it.

Typical garden hoses are 1/2" or 5/8" and that's a bit skinny for moving much water with a 12v pump. You can pump long distances if it's fairly level ( less than 6 ft rise) and the hose is a large enough diameter so that internal resistance is low. 3/4" hose will probably get you 15-20 ft but I recommend 1" hose or pipe for better flow at longer distances. Trying to pump through a skinny hose will either blow the 12v fuse for the pump or cause the ump to over heat from the load. May not blow fuse or overheat immediately, but the pump struggles.

A good method is to use a short length of 3/4" or 1" hose and then multiple lengths of 1.25 or 1.5" PVC pipe to reach the sewer drain.

Can you pump through a garden hose and should you pump through a garden hose have two different answers. I used a macerator pump for several years to pump up 15' to a sewer cleanout 80' away. I used 1" PVC (doesn't need to be Schedule 40) and got great results.

Back
Top Bottom