Need Mirrors for '05 Expedition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drpeperlvr

I need to find towing mirrors for my 2005 expedition.  I have checked with CW and Ford and they do not make any that are custom fit.  What do other Expedition owners use?

Thanks!  Steven

Dude, i dont know anything about your mirror scenario. Just wondering how you like the Expedition? We have a 2006 F-150 XLT now, but it is too small for us, 2 kids and a dog. Do you guys have toddlers? Is there quite alot of room for hauling baby stuff (strollers, pack n' play, etc)? Towing capacity is 9,000 lbs, right? Thanks.

drpeperlvr said:
I need to find towing mirrors for my 2005 expedition.  I have checked with CW and Ford and they do not make any that are custom fit.  What do other Expedition owners use?

Thanks!  Steven

Try clicking HERE.

I've got an 04 Expedition and looked everywhere for a custom fit mirror and no one makes one but that was 8 mo ago. So I got a set of the mirrors that fasten with a suction cup type deal. The dealer where I got my trailer had them and promised my money back if they fell off so why not. They have a small elastic string that goes over the stock mirror so you won't lose them. They weren't my favorite but I couldn't find anything else then. It must be that those years of Expedition's have some odd shape to them. I've found mirrors for all the trucks & older Expeditions. So maybe it's time to look again. I also looked at information about McKesh mirrors which everyone seems to like but was afraid of scratching the paint.

BTW my suction cup mirrors are a bit ugly but they haven't come off yet. Another thing I found after I had them is you can move them with the electric part of the stock mirror. So anyway I'm going to keep track of this in case you have better luck than I did. I'll go look at the brand of these if your interested, they are out in the trailer in the cold right now.

I have an '04 eddie bauer exp I actually used F-150 slip on mirror extenders as far as I know they don't make one that actually fits: the f150 one kind of fits I used a small black screw to secure it.  It looked good and functioned well.

I really didnot like towing with my exp. check your math the Exp does not tow as much as the 150  the independant rear suspension can not handle what the rear solid axle of a 150 can handle.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom