need (OK, want) a video camera: small, good viewer, good res, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

My new cellphone can take videos.  I tried a bit and am hooked.  I want a video camera.  What's good?  Small is important, since I'll be carrying it while bicycling on rough terrain.  I saw one a couple years ago that had a remote lens that attached to a bike helmet.  That would be nice, but it's less important than a good picture and high capacity.  Do any of them hold, say, 3 hours of video?  What do these things do for memory?  Built-in hard drive?  I have never even looked at them. 

I'm interested in learning what technology is out there, so I don't want to focus on cheap.  Anyway, what's expensive today is usually cheap in half a year.

--pat

Sony is the market leader in camcorders (video cams) but I don't think they have a really miniature model or one with a detachable lens for a helmet.  Samsung has a model, the XP210L, that is intended for outdoor enthusiasts and has a detachable remote lens. See it HERE

Camcorders are available with many different types of recording media, e.g.hard disks, DVDs, memory cards and  tape cassettes. All seem to work fine.

Found both.  Info is saved.  The Samsung is the one I've seen in bike magazines.  I was unclear whether the REI helmet cam is mostly a video camera or a still camera.  Neither has much memory with a gb or two.  I think I saw a Sony with a 100gb hard drive.  Depends on how sturdy it is.  Well, this will be fun research. 

--pat

We have a Sony and it has worked well for us.  Our son (40) is an avid trail rider and has a small video input device attached to his helmet which connects to the camera and works really well.  tim

Back
Top Bottom