need suggestions for 3/31 & 4/1 RV park for 40' DP st petersburg area. lots and lots of looking unsuccessful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

going to FL end of march to pick up a new to us Winnie Vectra. Plan to spend a couple days visiting daughter in st petersburg. no space at her place for RV.

So far impossible to find an RV park vacancy. looking for suggestions. didn't realize the snowbirds stayed so long and many of the "RV parks" are really year round communities.

thx to anyone taking the time to offer advice.

mark in MN

I use google maps to search most times. But the app "Campendium" far and away identifies "more" places in a given area. A quick search on St. Pete shows more than probably 50 places.

Many sites have user ratings some don't. You still have to contact the sites one by one to find out about vacancies but it gives you a good place to start.

If it's only a couple of days, you would be fine using one of the truck stops near the route 75 and route 4 interchange. It's free and I use them when in transit. There is also a rest area on route 75 about 30 miles south of route 4 that's a little closer to St Pete. I use that coming back to southwest Florida on my trips frequently. I don't stay there much more than 24 hours but it's safe and never a problem.

Also, check out the state camping areas at reserveamerica.com. Check each day as there will be reposted vacancies as cancelations come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom