Need tires for ford 2000 explorer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe Bee

My Ford 2000 Explorer was involved in the recall.? They replaced the tires with Michilins.? I've never been happy with them.? ?I need 4 new tires for this SUV that will stick to the road.? ?The Michilins have never stuck to the pavement.? I'ts been a skiddy car forever.? This past weekend in the rain set the stage for immediate action.? Any suggections?
Joe? ?

After reading several tire reports/reviews, I bought the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo and could not be happier.  Whether it be rain or snow these are the best tires I have owned.  I have mine on an '04 Toyota Tacoma.  They are a bit spendier than others at around $200.00 each but, the ride/traction and mileage more than made up for it.

I'll second Harvey's recommendation. We are on our 2nd set of Revo's, the first had over 60,000 miles on them; driven and towed. Wouldn't have anything else when we replaced the first set. You can save a few bucks by buying the non-Revo version, but the Revo is a much better tire.

I put the Bridgestone Dueler HT's on my '98 Explorer after the recall  because I wanted a less aggressive thread when I "aired down" to drive on the beaches of the Outer Banks.  I also stepped up to a 265/70R15 for a wider footprint.  I've been happy with them and currently have 58K on them.  Plenty of tread left but, if I apply the same logic of age (as we do with our RV tires) I'm over due for a new set.

Since I can't afford a new surf fishing vehicle, I'll probably put on a new set this winter.  They WILL be Bridgestones.
lou

Back
Top Bottom