Need to move my Park Model RV...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dodge

Got a 98 Damon Breckenridge model 840 FRBDS trailer. Title says 6200lbs and "Permit required to move" note as well. Has a couple of push outs on it...have no idea how to retract those? I assume they would need to be retracted for any sort of relocation? Have access to a Ford F250, but not sure that is big enough?

any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A ford 250 can easily Handel. 6500 lbs.    The permit may be required if your over 8ft wide or Your trailer may also not have brakes.    How far you going?

First and foremost... get the permit to move it.

They might give you a list of requirements before it can be moved.

Different localities have different regulations about how and when and if a permit is issued.

A few years back I was staying in a multi-use park for 2 months that had some park models on rented lots long term. The elderly owner of a park model died, the kids showed up to claim it, either they have to pay lot rent or sell it or move it. One of them had land and wanted to move it to use for guests. To their shock, they couldn't get a permit to move it at all, so they ended up eventually selling it as is where is. The new owner got approval from management to assume the lot rent and move in.

I am unclear if they were denied the permit or told to do a list of things before moving it that made it cost prohibitive. They just said, they couldn't get a permit to move it, and were selling it as is where is.

I was recently involved in moving a park model, no permit required as it was going to another pad within the park. I don't know the regulations in your area but here a mobile must be set on a foundation and deregistered before a mortgage will be approved. This prevents it from being permitted and disappearing at the expense of the lender. It can be reregistered for permitting but is not an easy process.
The push outs are not like those on an rv. They are slid into position and the siding and trim are installed so retracting is fairly involved. It may also have continuous flooring that would need to be stripped out before the slide can be moved. If you do ahead make sure you ballast the side opposite the slide if you can't retract it. Our mover neglected to do that and we almost lost it.

Yeah, it will need a permit for sure as it says so on the title. These push outs will need to be raised about 4 inches or so,then pushed in. Dont think any trim etc will be involved here. Trailer was set up back in 1998 and seem to recall the set up guys used a pry bar or something to get the push outs to come out and drop into place. No brakes on the trailer wheels I believe. Moving it about 60 miles.

thanks!

call a Large haul company and get an estimate, they will handle everything for one price....and they're insured..( hopefully ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom