Need Toaster oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Back 4 years ago I started a post about needing a new countertop toaster oven because our old Black and Decker was in its last leg. Well it’s still running but it doesn’t look very pretty so we’re looking for a new one now. I’m sure there are more out there than there was 4 years ago so I’m looking for ideas. Something that won’t break the bank and isn’t too big for the countertop and possibly between 1500 and 1800 Watts. Thanks

We've switched from a toaster oven to an air fryer - we've even been able to ditch the BBQ (except during boondocking). It fits on our countertop, but most of the time we plug it in outside. It never ceases to amaze us how much we use it - everything from burgers, fish...even frozen pizza

They are pretty much all the same Chinese crap IMHO so just buy the one that is on sale. We actually buy small appliances when they go on sale around Christmas and then store them in our house for when we need them. Kettles, toaster ovens, blenders, crock pots...

There are a whole lot of selections, Some are "Air Fryers" some are "Turbo Convection" (Most air fryers are turbo Conveciton) Some are big enough to spit and rotisserie a game hen.. (In fact I think mine is)

Some are low cost but still work good, (Chefman from Ollie's Good Stuff Cheap) some are like 200-300 Dollars (Wolf/Sub-zero $699.95 at Williams Sonoma) and also work good.

When I dumped the RV on the insurance company The apartment came with a nice Amana Oven/Range. I've used it one time to season a dutch oven. that's other than that the circuit breaker feeding it is OFF (it is electric) I do use it for storage. use the countertop for all my cooking.

I vote for a new Black and Decker in Black finish.

White gets ugly looking but the black finish doesn't show the wear and tear as much.

Hmmmmmm, maybe they don't make the old kind like we have, just this new air fry kind?

That's what I bought. I mounted it on a shelf above the dinette. I have had it about a year. About 6 months in the temperature controller seems to have glitch. It cycles on and off a lot where as in the beginning the rods would stay lit up bright in air fry and toaster mode.

But for $39 what can I really expect? It still makes everything I need it to. It takes about 20-25 minutes to air fry just about anything. Fries, onion rings, spring rolls, chicken cutlets etc. etc.

The couple I bought my kids for college years were terrible, put an oven thermometer in it and they are off 50 degrees with controlled tests.

I recommend Nostalgia BST3AQ 3-in-1, I am very satisfied with this toaster oven. We have a simple and easy breakfast with it, it works. Enjoy two cups of coffee every morning without having to change the filter.

I had to hunt for that Nostalgia unit to make sense of two cups of coffee with a toaster oven. Apparently it's a combination toaster oven AND coffee pot, and is expensive if all you want is a toaster oven. With a search I see a Black & Decker similar to what we have, for $34.99, but they run up to at least $200 plus for fancier ones with convection oven, so there's a rather broad choice out there. Check size, too so that it will fit on the counter and where ever you plan to store it.

Back 4 years ago I started a post about needing a new countertop toaster oven because our old Black and Decker was in its last leg. Well it’s still running but it doesn’t look very pretty so we’re looking for a new one now. I’m sure there are more out there than there was 4 years ago so I’m looking for ideas consumer reports toaster ovens. Something that won’t break the bank and isn’t too big for the countertop and possibly between 1500 and 1800 Watts. Thanks
I am also looking for this.

Black and Decker was in its last leg. Well it’s still running but it doesn’t look very pretty so we’re looking for a new one now.
I have a Black and Decker that is at least 25 years old and is still running. It's the kind that you could mount under a counter. It fits perfectly in my propane oven (which I never use as an oven) for storage, so I'm hanging on to it as long as I can.

Is yours white? Mine is, and the top looked pretty bad, but using a Magic Eraser on the top produced amazing results. You might try that. It won't be as pretty as a new one, but it looks darn good, and I've learned that as long as an old appliance is still working, don't replace it if you can help it.

I have a Black and Decker that is at least 25 years old and is still running. It's the kind that you could mount under a counter. It fits perfectly in my propane oven (which I never use as an oven) for storage, so I'm hanging on to it as long as I can.

Is yours white? Mine is, and the top looked pretty bad, but using a Magic Eraser on the top produced amazing results. You might try that. It won't be as pretty as a new one, but it looks darn good, and I've learned that as long as an old appliance is still working, don't replace it if you can help it.
Mine is black and I can’t believe it is still running.

recipe-food.jpg
Success! My first time air frying haddock. I used our The Singular Kitchen’s instructions for cooking from they recipe. 380 for 12 minutes and flipping half way. It split when I flipped.

The size of an air fryer is another significant point. There may be space limitations in some kitchens and thus such kitchens may not be able to maintain best large capacity air fryer. Based on the accessible space in your kitchen, you might need to select the air fryer accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom