Need Wiring Diagram for A&E Weather Pro Awning Control Box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

I have several threads on awning control boxes but this is something a bit different so I will start a new plea.  Winnie wires their awning control boxes through a multiple pin connector.  My A&E One Step instructions contained a page detailing the wiring diagram for the wires coming out of the control box and mating to the Winnie Connector.  I am replacing that control box and I would like to ask if anybody who might have a A&E Weather Pro awning would look in their instruction pages and see if they included a connector wiring diagram for the box to Winnie internal wiring.  Dometic seems to be stumped when I ask for this info.  In my case, Winnie used a 15 pin connector when, in fact they only needed 8 pins but the box was set up for two different awnings so I guess they used the 15 pin in case they were using another model.  I have tracked all the wires internal to the control box and it looks like they hook to one of 20 different pins on the circuit board.

Bill

Bill, I emailed you the Diagnostic Guide we discussed that has the wiring pin-outs.  Let me know if it doesn't come through...  4 Meg PDF.

Ed

I have available the AE WxPro Diagnostic Service Manual,
  REVISION:  Form No. 3308058.019 8/04
  (Replaces 3308058.001)
  ?2004 Dometic Corporation
  LaGrange, IN 46761
which may be what Ed has already mailed to you.  In case it's not, I've attached a copy to this post.

Attachments

• AE_WxPro_3308058.019.pdf
    330.8 KB · Views: 39
Thank you both Ed and Chris.  I hit a home run with both of your inputs as that diagnostic guide has everything I need and it will save me a lot of guessing and future troubleshooting.  Again, the RV Forum and it's great contributors come through.

Bill

After playing with this problem for a couple of weeks and contacting Dometic and purchasing a used control box I think I can see why Dometic awnings have problems and why I am sometimes successful in retracting by starting the coach engine.  The input to the control box is 12 volt on #12 wires.  The output from the control box to the motor is on #16 wires.  I would speculate that this could be the source of low voltage problems whereas the awning motor just can't get enough juice to make the tough pull (retract).  If I am wrong, please don't tell me.  I would be so disappointed..............lol

Bill

John Canfield said:
I'll try to measure the motor current, I have a lot of stuff going on at the house but this has piqued my curiosity again.

Let us know what you come up with John.  I am leaning more and more to needing to have the engine running to give the thing enough Umph to retract.  Sadly I note that my new used control box which is a slightly newer model does not have an auxiliary hookup for direct battery connection so I will add a connector onto the standard 12 volt input that will allow me to hook in a battery that is fully charged.  That has worked once for me and it has failed more than once; hence my theory that the running engine is more likely to produce results in retracting but not extending (there is an isolation wire to prevent that).

Bill

I need to update and correct a mistake.  I said incoming power to the control box was on a #12 wire and out to the motor on a #16 wire.  That is correct for the Weather Pro box but the input on the A&E One Step box is on a #14 wire and the feed out of the box is on a #16 wire but somewhere along the line it turns back into a #14 at the plug near the motor.  I am guessing at that last part based on what I remember from unplugging that connection the last time.

Anyway, thanks to the folks who have sent me the diagnostic manual for my new-to-me Weather Pro Control Box, I am learning new things.  I thought I had lost my ability for an auxiliary hookup in case the coach battery was dead or low on power but the diagnostic manual tells me that they provided a 10 ft set of 12 volt wires to hook up to the connection right next to the motor.  You hook up to the plug and put the red wire to the + side of the battery you are using and the - side to the negative in order to retract.  To extend the awning on the emergency battery, you reverse those connections at the battery.  Of Course - how else could you get a motor to run two ways but that is normally done through the control box.  Of course it tells you to immediately disconnect when the awning is fully retracted or extended as required. 

Now I will try to run the diagnostic steps in the manual to see if I even have an operational control box.  If not it will be returned.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom