Need your 2 cents on this please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Need your 2 cents on this please

When I bought my 2017 Jayco Grayhawk from some immaculate owners, it came with a huge whole RV cover in a bag and 4 covers for the tires.

They had installed a queen size dual sleep number bed, so each side has it's own air hose and the air pump is in a storage bay under the bed.

Finally, I'm about to replace the entire front drive and suspension and some rear springs that are less then 3 years old which are rated for 7500lb each. The front axle, rotors brakes, springs, shocks, everything you find under the Ford E450 front end - gone and for sale.

My question to you good folks across various forums is: How much should I ask for on these things? I have no idea about them, I have no need for them, just need to move it along to somewhere.

Thanks in advance if you have some amicable answers.

Unless you find a local, heavy parts are hard to sell, shipping eats up and profit.  Good Luck, maybe your mechanic will have some suggestions.

I agree those parts will be hard to find a buyer for but you never know.

Curiosity makes me ask why you are removing them and selling them?

To price them you might spend a little time with a Rock auto catalog and price them at 25-35% of catalog list?

Finding anybody who wants them will be the challenge. The parts are valuable but not many people have a use for them. If you do find somebody who wants them, take whatever you can get.  Or give them away if you have to.

A salvage yard might give you a modest price for them, and a shop that does customer chassis work might as well. Otherwise, it's a matter of putting ads on craigslist, Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, Offer_Up, etc and hoping somebody notices.

There is a lot of that sort of stuff available on Ebay & Amazon.com, so check there for pricing. I'd ask a small fraction of that if I wanted to get rid of the parts. Maybe more if i didn't mind waiting months or years to find a buyer.

https://www.amazon.com/PartsW-Suspension-Adjusting-Sleeves-Joints/dp/B06ZXWTMX4

Why are you replacing obviously good parts. Especially the bed. I have one of them and wouldn't take for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom