New, and in need of information šŸ˜

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuck

Hello,
My husband and I recently purchased a 1984 Kustom Koach park model. She is an oldy,but in good shape. We are not sure how to get the two slide outs back in. I cannot find any information anywhere. Hoping someone here might know something about older models.
Thank you in advance.
Happy R-ving to all šŸ˜
Patti

Thank you for this. I really appreciate you responding. Hopefully we can get her moved this week!

In one of the rv parks we were in there was a older trailer with what looked like slide outs, but the owner said it was so old they didn't call them slide out rooms but tip out rooms. He said at least took two and sometimes three to roll the tip out back into the trailer.

You can tell a tip-out vs. a slide-out by the shape of it's roof. A tip-out will have a hinge at the bottom and a curved or slanted roof so it fits through the opening in the wall when you tip it in. A slide-out will be box-shaped with a flat roof.

A slide out doesn't tip, it moves in and out in the upright position. Some park models have manually operated slide outs. These are usually screwed in place to hold them fully open or closed and require a couple of strong people to push them in or out after you remove the screws.

The old guys I hang out with (to make myself feel betterā€¦and younger) call the older park model slides ā€˜bump-outsā€™. There is another site called Classic Winnebagos which includes other brands and technical info, manuals, etc. They may have some relevant material for you. Good luck.

As is often the case on the good ole internet, terms are often used indiscriminately, repeated & misapplied without regard to the technical differences implied by the terms. Lou explained tip-out vs slide out as a prime example. Wise readers don't jump to a conclusion based on the term used, unless you know the author well enough to be confident they know the difference. Probably the most egregious example we see here is converter vs inverter.

You can tell a tip-out vs. a slide-out by the shape of it's roof. A tip-out will have a hinge at the bottom and a curved or slanted roof so it fits through the opening in the wall when you tip it in. A slide-out will be box-shaped with a flat roof.

A slide out doesn't tip, it moves in and out in the upright position. Some park models have manually operated slide outs. These are usually screwed in place to hold them fully open or closed and require a couple of strong people to push them in or out after you remove the screws.

My husband has been under both slide outs. Both are curved, but cannot see hinges on the underside. Have not pulled up carpet on inside yet, could they be under there?

In one of the rv parks we were in there was a older trailer with what looked like slide outs, but the owner said it was so old they didn't call them slide out rooms but tip out rooms. He said at least took two and sometimes three to roll the tip out back into the trailer.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom