new at everything in camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike63

hi,i am new at everyting in the RV worlds.my name is Michel i am french from Canada (province of Brunswick).i went 2 times in travel trailer in camping ground with a Friends trailer..i enjoy it so much that i am hooked.....please i need help i got a liberty limited 2002 4x4 V6 with factory towing package=total 5000 pounds by the book.i want to buy a travel trailer but not a hybrid because of the humidity.(for total weight towing does any know if that jeep is relay able to tow that much). any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. thank you

hi Michel,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  You have found the right place to get answers to your question.  We have several members that pull trailers that can give you the information you are looking for.  Glad you found us.

Hi Michel and welcome to RVForum.net!  8)

The 5000 lb max towing for the Jeep Liberty assumes an empty vehicle and no passengers - just the driver aqlone. Everything you carry in the Liberty must be subtracted from the max tow number. Even the weight of the hitch! And we usually recomend that you stay under the max by a least 10%, especially on a smaller vehicle. I'd say you should confine your trailer shopping to those with a GVWR (not unladen weight or UVW) of 4000 lbs or less.

Back
Top Bottom