New EV Laws in California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What percentage of cars do you think will be EVs in year 2036?

I expect a big rush of new ICE car sales in CA during 2033/2034 and very few people will be buying a new car in year 2035 and 2036.

It's ridiculous to think everybody will be buying a new car in year 2035. I doubt if anybody will notice any difference in year 2035. Those who want to buy an EV will have one well before then. Those who don't will be buying new ICE cars just before 2035.

-Don- Reno, NV
Probably won’t be a lot of selection by then though. Most manufacturers are planning on phasing out gassers by then.

Which is why I expect the price of ICE vehicles to go way up by then. As EVs become a lot cheaper.

-Don- Reno, NV
Do you think if the EV laws take effect in 2030 or 2035 depending on the state you are in that EV's will be cheaper in those states?

Do you think if the EV laws take effect in 2030 or 2035 depending on the state you are in that EV's will be cheaper in those states?
I doubt if the prices will be any more different in the different states than as they are now.

But I do expect that the price of new ICE vehicles will go up before 2035 as the price of EVs go down.

But it's little more than my guesswork.

-Don- Reno, NV

I wonder if EV manufacturers will eventually offer a high end external sound system to make EV's sound like a high performance ICE as a marketing strategy.

I doubt if the prices will be any more different in the different states than as they are now.

But I do expect that the price of new ICE vehicles will go up before 2035 as the price of EVs go down.

But it's little more than my guesswork.

-Don- Reno, NV
If all you are allowed to buy in a certain state is an EV that will more than likely drive the prices higher.

The climate issue isn't with pumping oil, it's with burning oil...
So you can burn oil without pumping it? Thats news to a lot of folks, including me. Learn something new everyday... So where are you going to get the byproducts from, that I spoke about?

But there seems to be a lot of climate experts from the time some just out of diapers until the time they depend on Depends now running around stomping their feet and screaming at high heavens about the climate the moment they step out of their black SUVs or their private jets. So its very hard to take those folks seriously.

But I guess PT Barnum was right after all pertaining to their audience.
By the way someone should tell the same folks proclaiming to be scientists and has yet to give up their black SUVs that electric vehicles are already on the market. Lead by example. Then we will take them seriously as the attempts to ban ICE continues.

Last edited:
Well, since over 60% of the electrical generation in this country comes from fossil and nuclear fuel there is now no practical way for the US or even California to have anywhere near 50% electric cars.
Both power plants I lived by when I lived in California were diesel powered.
It is a fantasy right now to go electric unless they build hundreds of nuclear power plants nationwide.
Even if you covered every square inch of federal land in America with polluting wind and solar it would not even come close to this electric utopia some dream of.
Why do you think some European countries are putting their reactors back online? So they can go green? No, so they do not freeze to death this winter from lack of power.

So you can burn oil without pumping it? Thats news to a lot of folks, including me. Learn something new everyday... So where are you going to get the byproducts from, that I spoke about?

But there seems to be a lot of climate experts from the time some just out of diapers until the time they depend on Depends now running around stomping their feet and screaming at high heavens about the climate the moment they step out of their black SUVs or their private jets. So its very hard to take those folks seriously.

But I guess PT Barnum was right after all pertaining to their audience.
By the way someone should tell the same folks proclaiming to be scientists and has yet to give up their black SUVs that electric vehicles are already on the market. Lead by example. Then we will take them seriously as the attempts to ban ICE continues.
Read what I wrote again. Who said anything about not pumping it? I said the climate issue was about burning it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom