New Family Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phillippio

Hello Everyone,

We took the plunge and bought a TT.  We got a used 2004 259lt Nomad trailer.  We got tired of all the packing and unpacking and set up and take down of tent camping.

We are towing with a Ford Expedition with tow package.  Should I get a weight distribution hitch?  I have heard different stories from people.

We are hoping to do our first camping trip in 2 weeks.  A short weekend trip to find any bugs. 

I look forward to grazing on the information here.

Thanks

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

As for the hitch I would sure get a WD hitch I think you and our family would be much safer.

I agree with Ron.  You should get a weight distribution hitch.  It will give you a safer ride, with better control.  You may also need a sway bar brake but sometimes the weight distribution hitch is sufficient.

We are towing with a Ford Expedition with tow package.  Should I get a weight distribution hitch?  I have heard different stories from people.

Absolutely!  It is a safety issue.  Get a unit with anti-sway mechanism.

Thanks for the advice.  I did get the WDH and it works great.

I look forward to all the good advice in the future.

Back
Top Bottom