New from Louisiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wildman111

I'm from Louisiana and have driven all over the place, but could never get a decent RV yet. I'm going to be a distributor for Lustre Craft cookware which I'm sure alot of you have seen before at an RV show. I will be travelling all over the country and am looking for the cheapest way to travel.

I think I should get an old slide-in truck camper as cheap as I can find that actually has sleeping area, sink, electrical, etc. CHEAP is the most important thing for now after evacuating the hurricane. I have a '94 Ford F-150 xtra cab XLT with 2 gas tanks, I also need to find the cheapest possible cargo trailer, at least 5'x8' to carry my show set-up and cookware.

I've been all over the internet and can only find high priced things which would be great in a year or so, but for now we are totally broke with 2 kids and another due in less than 2 months.

I'm pretty much an expert on driving backroads, but have no clue to find what I need to find as I've never had an RV and that I necessarily am on the lookout for the old and XTRA CHEAP for the immediate time being.

Greetings to all and if you need to know about any Louisiana backroads, especially in the eastern part of the state, but I know the whole state well, too. I've been down almost every paved highway in the state & a good bit of unpaved ones. We've driven to plenty other states on the backroads as well.

If y'all can give me any advice, including where to look for the extra cheap - holla at me.
THANX :)

Have you checked on eBay yet?  Sometimes you can pick up stuff like that, especially older models, for quite cheap.  The catch is, unless it is for sale in your area, you are going to be buying it sight-unseen.  But for the right price that isn't always a concern.  I'd check it out.

Welcome to the site. Probably the most informative rv site I have found. I understand your need and especially coming from south Louisiana. I just got back from there myself. I will keep my eyes open over here in the north-western part of the state. I did come across a slide in in east texas last week. PM me if you want more details. BTW, our prayers are with everyone from south Louisiana.

I'll be passing thru NWLA this Friday going to Tyler Texas for the east Texas state fair to do demonstrations and will be there for 10 days. If I happen to make some good money, I'd like to get something, but don't know if the storm will come here or there or both... ??? I live between Baton Rouge and New Orleans on the Mississippi river.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom