New from Minnesota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BaxterBro

Am just beginning to consider a motorhome for 3 month min and 6 month maximum retirement trips.. going south in the winter. The two of us traveling with two springers. Just now doing research on types (A vs C), used ... later model ... to minimize maintenance. The ?plan? is buy and use for 6 years and sell (we are then 82). I think the first questions have to do with targetting the right size and type of motorhome. We are looking at March 2019 purchase unless there is an obviously good deal. Actually wide open for input at this stage.

Welcome!

The most important thing is getting the floor plan that works for you.  Think of how you will organize the kitchen.  I have lots of storage but it's not where I need it.  Fine for week-long trips,would probably be very annoying to live in.

Feel free to ask questions here BEFORE laying out money.

No I have no experience. Am planning to rent after I do some homework and arrive at an opinion.

Welcome to the friendliest form. They say that there are two types of RV those that have leaked and those that are going to leak. The absolute number one thing for you to do is not get burned on something that is water damaged. Individuals and dealers will pass off water damaged stuff on people in a heartbeat. It's also sometimes extremely hard to detect. I have surely looked at a hundred RV and a couple have almost fooled me.

If you follow this and other forums you will see person after person who gets burned and ends up coming on the forum saying that the wall is separating from the floor or the floor feels like it's going to break through in an area they didn't notice.

if you buy one and the $1,800 refrigerator dies or the $400 water heater or the $60 water pump dies be happy be happy that it's not water damaged

Renting is a great idea as it will teach you what you like and don't like.

You will probably rent a class C because that's what 99% of the rental places have.

Good luck and keep us posted on your adventures.

Welcome....
Get to like RV shows.
Go to one, then another, and another.
Best place to see all the options available and more importantly the floor plans in person.

Crusin1988 said:
hello, from one fellow minnesotian to another.

If you decide to buy either new or used and want to look at a local listings in mn then check out www.localrvs.com. I manage this website and want local Minnesota rvers to know about it. Also the website link can be found in classified links on this forum.

Hi and welcome to the forum.. There are checklists in the Library and Resources sections as others have said. This will help you with your search.  Even if you plan to resell try to get the best rig you can for your money and have a budget for emergency repairs.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom