New Full Timers w/50g burning a hole in our pocket in search of High Quality DP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

---nota___

Hello World !!!

My name is ---nota__ (None of the Above) and my wife and I are looking for our first DP for full timing ?

Would Love to purchase a Newell or Prevost but feel that we would have to get to old of a unit to swing one of those units right now.

The best choice I could find so far is the 98 thru 2000 Beaver Marquis with low miles or the lower grades by Beaver in the 00 to 02 range.

Absolutely Love the Woodwork and Craftsmanship in the Beaver Marquise Line.  An Air Ride suspension is also must for us as I believe the smoother ride will help the longevity of all the mechanical stuff stuffed into the Coach.

We are in the long process of selling everything in our home and giving away the rest of our stuff by May 2017.

We will be purchasing a used DP Coach next year in January or February and hitting the road for good at the end May 2017.

Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated to help make our transfer to a New Life as easy as possible.

I'm all Ears  8)

Thanks in Advance !!! Love ---nota___

Attachments

• 582093ba2e14f615a0590c04.jpg
    582093ba2e14f615a0590c04.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 35
1994-2002 Beaver was owned by Safari Motorcoach which, in turn, was acquired by Monaco in 2002. Monaco subsequently changed various design aspects, including mounting the coach on a Monaco Roadmaster chassis. The cabinets for all Monaco brands were built in Safari's wood shop at the old Safari manufacturing plant in Harrisburg, OR. The Harrison manufacturing bays were turned into a Monaco service center, but the wood shop was retained.

Monaco continued the 'burl inlay' on Beaver cabinet doors at Harrisburg. It's actually a laminate, but looks great.

SeilerBird said:
Prevosts are too expensive. Beavers have the best looking woodwork in the business.

I'll agree the Beaver woodwork is top notch but i have seen some really nice Prevost with incredible woodwork in the $200,000 range. The ride is Superior in the Prevost and the Value is much better considering deprecation from new. The Prevost Empty Coach is $500,000 brand new and the Beaver is Under $500,000 when new. 

The big difference I would have to admit is the Beaver Marquise has almost bottomed out in Value and the Prevost will loose anther $100,000 over the next 5 years.

We have been in our 1998 Beaver Patriot full time for over 3 years now and love it!  We looked for a full year before we finally found one that had been taken care of...  I think our entire search and buying process is in a thread on here. 

Tom said:
1994-2002 Beaver was owned by Safari Motorcoach which, in turn, was acquired by Monaco in 2002. Monaco subsequently changed various design aspects, including mounting the coach on a Monaco Roadmaster chassis. The cabinets for all Monaco brands were built in Safari's wood shop at the old Safari manufacturing plant in Harrisburg, OR. The Harrison manufacturing bays were turned into a Monaco service center, but the wood shop was retained.

Monaco continued the 'burl inlay' on Beaver cabinet doors at Harrisburg. It's actually a laminate, but looks great.

Thanks for the quick responses Guys !!!

Have also been looking at the Safari coaches also and they seem to be a great value for a used high quality coach.  Would you say the Safari and Beaver are on the same Quality Level?

Back
Top Bottom