New furnace Dometic VS Suburban

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BadPennyKenny

I'm in the process of Remodeling my 2008 Winnie Access WF29T and one of many items I'm replacing is the furnace.
Do any of you have any feedback on the Dometic 30/35 BTU models VS the Suburban?

BadPennyKenny said:
I'm in the process of Remodeling my 2008 Winnie Access WF29T and one of many items I'm replacing is the furnace.
Do any of you have any feedback on the Dometic 30/35 BTU models VS the Suburban?

One thing to consider is the A/C unit, particularly if one thermostat controls both A/C and furnace.  On modern Dometics one controller controls both the furnace and the A/C.  If you have an older Dometic A/C I believe you can upgrade the controller on older devices, but you'd need to contact them to make sure.  You may even be able to use your older controller on the new furnace--that could have some advantages.  The new Dometic thermostats are not exactly a good design.  In fact, the thermostat may be the deciding factor--check it out before buying.

Good chances the inlet and outlet will be different, so I would suggest replace with like model.

Suburban is a nice small oven, I purchased this unit for my rv and could not be happier, the only thing we have learned is pizzas need to go on low heat in the oven or the crust gets crispy

Back
Top Bottom