New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rogbo

Hi,

I'm Roger. I'm 58, disabled, getting divorced, and looking forward to travel. I'd tell you about my five year plan of grandkids, travel and discovery but I've made God laugh enough lately.

I started solo RVing around the Southwest in January and loved it. So I sold the Roadtrek and bought a low mileage 2006 Fleetwood Bounder that I can turn around in. Hopefully it will see strange new places and be filled with squealing grandkids and laughing new friends.

The new rig goes in the shop today and - no snickering God - puts Bezerkely in the rear view mirror July 8th for a long slow summer between Sisters and Bend!

See you out there,

Roger

Attachments

• 20190624_142533-800x603.jpg
    20190624_142533-800x603.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 22
Welcome Roger. Have you checked the manufacturers date of the tires?  If they're 8/9 years old, you should think about replacing them even if the tread looks good.  Being a low mileage 2006, they could be originals.

Welcome to the RV Forum Rodger.

Sorry to hear about the divorce.... Hopefully the RV will began a new chapter.

Hi,

Yes, the divorce was about traveling vs staying home forever. So, while it sucks, it's the cost of my travel dreams. TMI, I know.

I did check the tires, new in 2018 and barely used. I learned my lesson on the low mileage Roadtrek I bought a few years ago with original tires. They were so checked and cracked I was scared driving to the tire shop.

The OysterCatcher II is at a great shop in Pengrove California getting the safety twice over and shocks. After spending a couple of hours in a traffic jam and a few hours on the open road, I'm starting to hope my new to me rig is as nice as I hope it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom