new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakerjl

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site, and I am looking to buy my first TT.  I'm looking at a few different trailers with double bunks and some have the rear slide queen bed. If anyone has any info on them I'd love to hear it. I have a F250 diesel, so I'm OK on the TV.

One of my concerns to start with is my driveway. Its 600 ft long and has some pretty good hills in it. I thought there may be a way to use string and some measurements and see what length trailer I could get down the drive without dragging. Any Ideas.

Thanks for the info you have out there, it has been a huge help to a novice like myself.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

One of my concerns to start with is my driveway. Its 600 ft long and has some pretty good hills in it. I thought there may be a way to use string and some measurements and see what length trailer I could get down the drive without dragging. Any Ideas.

Yeah, have the driveway bladed. 

Barring that, you are going to have to shop for plumbing clearance.  That is the main hazard for most trailers, your drains for your black and grey tanks hang down and limit your clearances.   

The length of the trailer behind your axles is what is going to plow into the ground as it goes over a break in grade.  Simply to back my trailer into a 35 foot driveway over the break in the driveway apron, I have to remove the spring bars of my weight distributing hitch system to allow the front of the trailer sag enough so that my plumbing does not get ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom