New Heavy Duty 4" bumper with smaller inside dimensions, drain hose doesn't fit inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hartos

We recently had a new 4" heavy duty bumper fabricated and welded to the frame by a local RV dealer. The thicker steel has caused the drain hose to not fit inside due to having slightly smaller inside dimensions than the standard bumper. I saw a few videos on YouTube where some recommended using a Dremel to slowly grind down the high spots until it fits which seems like a sewage spill waiting to happen someday with thinner hose fittings. Is that the only way or are there hoses out there designed to fit a smaller inside bumper dimension?

We have the Rhino orange and black hose which does have pretty large fittings on each end so maybe there are smaller hoses out there. Not sure...

Thanks!

The fittings on a rhino hose are too big to fit inside a std 4inch pipe.
I went and bought a 6" pvc sewer pipe with 2 clean out caps and screw caps, i cut it to 8ft so its just as wide as the trailer, now i can put my rhino hose in and a 10ft rhino hose extention in and access it from both sides if i need to

The Blueline Prest-O-Fit hoses would likely fit. I use them and like the ease of hooking up. At first I was leery that they wouldn't stay connected, but they stay connected just fine.

If you are talking about a TT, spend some money and buy the Valterra expandable hose holder and attach it to the frame underneath. Holds my Rhino hose with the fittings on. 5 inch diameter.
1627496198564.png

or... go to a big box store, get a 8 ft section of 6x6 vinyl fence post, 2 caps, a couple hinges and locks, and strap it (heavy duty zip ties) to the existing bumper. Rhino slinky fits great inside it

The Blueline Prest-O-Fit hoses would likely fit. I use them and like the ease of hooking up. At first I was leery that they wouldn't stay connected, but they stay connected just fine.
Yep, I have used Blueline hoses for years. I carry 3 different sizes in different locations around the RV. Easy to hook up, easy to store.

Back
Top Bottom