New here and back to camping!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdw215

We recently got a travel trailer (Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD) that’s 3 years old and are planning our first trip. I’m calling it a shakedown trip as we all know you tend to forget some things after leaving home. We’re avid campers. Primitive camped for years In tents and what not.

It tows smooth behind my Nissan Frontier too. So as we’re new to rv’ing as I’ve heard it I’m all eyes and ears. 😉

Welcome to the forum and rv ownership. There are lots of folks with great answers on here so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. Happy camping and I hope your first trip is trouble free.

Welcome to the forum.
If you can, it would be great to just camp out in your driveway for a couple of days and learn how everything works. Sleep in it, cook and eat in it, watch TV and play games and shower in it.

Welcome to the forum.
If you can, it would be great to just camp out in your driveway for a couple of days and learn how everything works. Sleep in it, cook and eat in it, watch TV and play games and shower in it.
Thanks! I never considered camping in the driveway. Sounds like a great way to get familiar with the RV ahead of time.

While camping in the driveway, It would be a good time to see what you’ll need. I tell people to make up two lists. One list is for things you have to have and the second list is for things that would be nice to have.
Only pack the first list. It’s easy to overload the trailer if you’re not careful. If there are things you need while traveling, there are Walmarts all over.
Also only take things out of the house if you have two of the same item. You don’t want to move that potato peeler back and forth between trips. Go and buy one and leave it in the camper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom