New here from Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USMC_Warrior_0311

Hi, name is Marc, I live in central CO with my wife and 2 kids. I am an avid outdoorsman, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping etc... I own a small remodel company doing bathrooms and kitchens, and many other things.

A few years ago we bought a 2004 Fleetwood 27 foot camper from a friend of ours. It was in pretty good shape, and he had done some upgrades, but nothing really special... About 6 months later another friend of ours came into a hard place and we let him stay in the camper on our property for wayyyyy too long. Unfortunately in that time he rigged a lot of things and damaged/broke many others.

Now that he's out of the camper, and unfortunately out of our lives we wanted to do some upgrades which lead to a can of worms haha...

We started by having a carpet cleaner come out trying to get the stains and smell out of the carpet and when the stains nor the smell went away we decided that we would pull all the carpet, and that didn't get rid of the smell, so we pulled all the furniture (dining table and couches) and all the fabric in the whole camper. Once we were at that point we started looking at possibly rearranging things, and painting the inside and so much more. Then we found water damage... haha

So, now the goals/checklist for what we want to do
Outside:
New roof
Fix the current solar array
new vent fans/ all weather covers
New exterior lights (running lights, floods, under carriage lighting, step lights etc...)
New battery box/tool storage
New rear bumper, bike rack for 4 bikes, Ice chest carrier, wood carrier
Siding repairs/replacement
-Pass through storage area organization and build drawers to come out of it on both sides
-Add battery shutoffs

Inside:
-New lights/switches throughout 12v, dimmable recessed (planning on 20 recessed lights with selective switches for each area) LED accent lighting throughout
-More 120v and 12v plugin locations
-New insulation/inside panels where we had water damage
-Paint all cabinets and inside panels/ceiling
-Replace stereo and speakers, add speakers, new amp, speakers will be on toggle switches to separate zones. 8 channel amp, 2 speakers in main sleeping area, 4 in kitchen/dining area and 2 new speakers on the outside. I will custom build a subwoofer box to go under the sink in an area that isn't really great for storage.
-Move/re-wire water pressure pump
-custom build in storage in main sleeping area, and living area.
-build custom bunk beds in the slideout for the kids, re-arrage eating area
-we removed the cabinet next to the entry door and will build a thinner yet wider shelf/drawer storage and we will mount the tv on that as well on a full motion mount

So, I will start a build thread and I am sure I will have a LOT of questions...

But, yeah, I look forward to digging around and adding ideas.

Thanks. Will definitely be a lot of work, but I think it will be pretty great when it's done.

I'm starting my remodel thread now

Hey neighbor! We are in the northern part of the state. Welcome to the forum. There will be alot of great advise & wisdom about the huge task you're about to take on. It sounds like you have the skills though. Remember to add pictures to your thread.
Good luck.

Hey neighbor! We are in the northern part of the state. Welcome to the forum. There will be alot of great advise & wisdom about the huge task you're about to take on. It sounds like you have the skills though. Remember to add pictures to your thread.
Good luck.
Where abouts are you? We're in Erie.

I just started the build thread, go check it out

We're in Ft. Collins. There are a few of us around the area. Not looking forward to the crazy weather the next few days. I looked at the thread, oh my goodness! What a mess.
My aunt lived in fort collins until last year. The camper is a bit of a mess, but I've got a plan... you know, we all know that how that goes haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom