New here, need some direction!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Max Power

Howdy all.
New here and fairly new to the RV world (1 1/2 years ago) and I have a question.
Not sure how or where to ask this so just throwing it out.... If my photos upload and wanting to know WHAT THE HECK IS THIS??

Thanks in advance for the help

Attachments

• rv drain 2?.JPG
    rv drain 2?.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 57
Here is the other picture.

It looks like a drain, and had apparently did drain at some point, but it runs onto the floor.
Could this be from the pop off on the hot water heater? It is too far from the fridge.

Attachments

• rv drain 2?.JPG
    rv drain 2?.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 32
The relief valve for the water heater is outside. Open the access door outside and the valve will be at the right hand upper corner.
Is that the carpet which is gray and brown?  Is the brown part stained carpet?
I would remove the corner cover and trace it back to where it starts.

It might help if you let us know where exactly this is, and where it is coming from.  It definitely looks like a drain pipe, but I can't imagine one draining right on to any kind of carpet!

This pipe is running under the wall down the drivers side and terminates in the bedroom. On the other side of this wall is the shower.

The carpet is new but when I removed the old carpet and the angled piece that was also carpeted that covered some wires and this pipe I saw that it had at one time leaked.

Since I do not want this to happen on my new carpet I plan to put a 90 on the end and run it down under the floor.
However, it would be nice to know what it is/where it comes from.
Hat to dismantle any more that I have already if I can help it!!

Is there a better place for me to be asking this?
Never joined a forum before...

Hi Max and welcome to the forum.

What make/model is your RV?

Someone will hopefully be along shortly who might be able to help a bit more.  If not we can move topic to relevant board.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum Max

The pipe baffles me...I would have to trace it back ( It would kill not knowing where it's coming from)

But if you don't get a good answer...I would agree about running it though the floor.

Hopefully you let us know what you find.

You can also find a lot of good resources in the library link above

Maybe it's a drain for the AC. Some do go thru the RV instead of draining over the roof and down the outside walls.

Is there a hole in the floor already?

There is a hole in the floor right at the end of that pipe. It makes me think they did not complete the job or perhaps when they ran it looks like a phone line they took it out.

Max Power said:
There is a hole in the floor right at the end of that pipe. It makes me think they did not complete the job or perhaps when they ran it looks like a phone line they took it out.

It's appears to one of those mysteries than will not be solved. That said, I would run it back into the floor. Just make sure it goes all the way though the floor and outside in case it is a live drain.

Welcome aboard! 

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1. Click "Profile" button towards the top of the screen.

2. Scroll down a ways and select "Modify Profile"

3. Select Forum Profile

4. Fill it out and click on "Change profile".

That is a great idea! Thanks.

Off to the Islands for 12 days.....need sunshine....will try it and report back!!

Is the pipe capped or open.. Capped it might be a shock absorber (Water hammer preventer) but I doubt it.

More likely it is a "Not used in this configuration" pipe. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom