New Kid on the block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RV_TINTER

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all.  I have been looking for a used motorhome for several weeks.  I think I have narrowed it down to a 90's model class c.  I have read what everyone has said in the forum on deciding between a class a or c, and think the c would be better suited.  It will be my wife (1st baby due Aug. 3), probably my mom and dad, or her mom and dad, on most of the trips.  I think the C has better sleeping arrangements for more adults.  I have my eye on a 92 Rockwood 28 foot with the Ford 460 motor.  It only has 52,000 miles with a Honda RV Generator.  The owner is asking $10,500.  The photos look like the interior is in great shape, and the body looks nice as well.  I will be reading the documents in the library to make sure I know what I'm looking for when we go look at it.  What does everyone think.....does this sound like a good starter RV?

Hi and welcome to our forum.

It's tough to pass judgement on the Rockwood deal without seeing and inspecting the motorhome. I'd definitely give it a good inspection using one or more of the checklists in our library as a guide. The mileage and age suggest that it's been used vs just sitting, which is a good thing, but not over-used. Of course, without knowing the owner, you can't be sure that it didn't rack up the miles in the first couple of years and sit unused after that.

Does anyone have any experience with Rockwood Class C's?  I know they are no longer making them, but didn't know if anyone has owned one?

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Glad you found us.  Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions, ask questions or start new discussions relating to the RVs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom