New Magellan RoadMate 700

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

My Father-in-law bought a Magellan RoadMate 700 January 28th from Circuit City for $1199.99 plus $199.99 "ESP Plan" plus $91.00 sales tax for a total $1490.98.  It is still in the box.  It says it has voice guidance.  Do very many people use the Magellan 700?  We are not sure what to do with it.  My brother-in-law and myself both use laptops with remote USb GPS sensors and Streets and Trips.  My wife is going to try and take it back to the store....but I don't think I will hold my breath.

Dang....

I went on the internet and found the same thing my father-in-law bought from Circuit City for about $400 less.  Not impressed with Circuit City pricing vs the webs.  I personally also always "self insure", the $199.99 for their ESP Plan was also a "waste" of money.  Oh well. 

Hi,

Magellan Roadmate 700 can be purchased on line from Costco at $ 849.99 plus shipping & handling. Costco has a one year return policy with no questions asked. ;)
I purchased my 2620 Garmin at Costco for $ 799 and could not find a price anywhere lower. Shipping only took a few days.

Chris Pennings

Circuit City has a 30 day return policy per his sales slip.  :-\ :-\  That said, my wife is still going to go to our local Detroit area Circuit City and see if she can talk them into taking it back.  It was bought at Circuit City in Florida.  In some ways I think they took advantage of an 88 year old man.

FYI...
Well, my better half gave it the old collage try today at Circuit City but with  :'( results.  The manager of our local store said 1 week...maybe 2 weeks beyond the one month warranty period they MIGHT have taken it back but not in May for something bought in January.  Oh well, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom