New member and I can use some HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

01indianbob

;)  I"m from N/E Texas area.  Recently purchased a 2001 Dutch Star, and just returned from Tahlequah, Okla. where we enjoyed the Cherokee Nation Holiday. 
Now, just before we left, I checked out the coach...got her loaded down, and wanted to hook it up to city water.  I hooked the hose up...and, nothing happened.  I thought, "well, there's got to be a valve somewhere".  So, I started looking, and finally found it.  I remember that when I located this small 'stick' valve, when i moved the handle to the horizontal position, the water rushed in and...WALAH!!!!  CITY WATER.  So, I get up to Ft. Gibson, where we stayed, and turned the pump on for on board water.  I heard the pump come on, but no water.  Now, two weeks ago, I turned 62...I still have my faculties about me...still pretty sharp for an old fart...but, I have looked EVERYWHERE I CAN THINK in an attempt to locate that little valve.  IT HAS DISAPPEARED...I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!!  I, my wife, my nieces husband and son have looked everywhere...I called Newmar...they tell me it's located in the 'wet bay' with everything else.  REALLY?  The black water tank and the grey water tank...THAT'S IT.  Nothing is marked except those two items.  There are no valves in that bay at all.  The only valves are located in the last compartment, but they appear to be drainage lines. 
There is no outside hose, or anything else that I can locate.  I'm going nuts!!!!  WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Howdy 01indianbob!  Here is a photo of mine (2005 DS) - it the black valve on the left marked "Fresh Water Tank Fill".  Not sure if they are on the same on an '01.

http://jdfinley.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/DSCN8005_1.jpg

Another thing.. If you just bought it there is a very good chance the fresh water tank drain port/Valve is OPEN and that is where your fresh water went.... On to the ground.  The Quick Fill valve shoudl go one way to supply water Directly to the coach, and the other way to feed water into the fresh tank.. You do not NEED water in the fresh tank if you are hooked to the park's supply, however it might not be a bad idea to have at least half a tank on board because you never know when the park will fail to provide.. has happened a couple times here where I am, no problem Have water in the supply tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom