New member here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katielee

Joined the forum to learn.  We decided some time back to start looking at full time RV'ing.  After viewing a LOT of videos, forum posts, and talking to friends who RV, we decided to start small. We looked at RV's for months before initially deciding on a Class C.  We went shopping and browsing and found we liked fifth wheels but needed a larger truck.  After exhaustive driving to lots, looking at vehicles, and seeing what we liked, we changed our minds again. We decided to start small and get a used travel trailer so we could see if we like RV'ing as much as we think.  Bought a bigger truck and a travel trailer.  Our plan is to use it for a year or less and make sure we like travelling before we make the move to a Class A and a toad.  We actually wound up with a 2017 truck and a 2017 travel trailer, both last years model and no miles.  Our thinking was that we can use it for a year and get rid of both and not take a heavy loss on either as we got great deals on both.  We have watched so many Youtube videos we are bursting at the seams :)  The forums have been a huge help as have people we met at various RV dealers, lots, and even RV sites we visited. 

We found that people passing through RV parks, dealers lots to empty their tanks, and just meeting at restaurants, are the most friendly people ever.

We are looking forward to starting our travelling life.

I forgot to mention we are in Georgia and plan initially to travel up and down the east coast mainly.  Maybe after we get the Class A we may go back to Texas for a visit, but that is about as far as we will likely go.  We have a mini collie who will be traveling with us who loves to ride anywhere.

This month we are doing a couple of weekend trips. Actually we will be driving to local RV parks and trying to learn how to survive without an entire house full of "necessities". Then a three or four day trip some way away from home. This should give us a chance to get used to living with less, adjusting to a smaller living environment, and just adjusting to a new way of doing things.

Welcome to the forum and to RV life in general! Are you going full time in the TT or are you finding what you like first and then going full time?

We plan on starting small then getting longer and longer on the stays. After we trade to the Class A, we will go full time.  I figure by then we will have worked all the bugs out and never have any problems  ;D  ;D  ;D

katielee said:
We have a mini collie who will be traveling with us who loves to ride anywhere.
Cool looking dog. I was raised with a full sized collie named Daisy during my childhood. My mother must have loved Lassie.

This month we are doing a couple of weekend trips. Actually we will be driving to local RV parks and trying to learn how to survive without an entire house full of "necessities". Then a three or four day trip some way away from home. This should give us a chance to get used to living with less, adjusting to a smaller living environment, and just adjusting to a new way of doing things.
I think you will find out that 99% of those necessities are not necessities at all. It is very liberating to get rid of 50 years of junk.

Attachments

• Tom 1957-02.jpg
    Tom 1957-02.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom