New Member Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pmercier

Hi,
I'm Paul. I am a married father of a 7 yo boy and 2 yo girl. I work as an emergency department nurse practitioner in Houston TX. My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a 50 x 150 lot near Matagorda Bay on the TX coast and are researching 5th wheels with the intent of setting one up on the lot for a get-a-way location for recreation and fishing. I am looking for a well built unit that will sleep at least 6. I plan on having a slab poured to park on and a cover built above to protect the unit and provide shade while the young trees grow. I want a 5th wheel -vs- a house on stilts so that I can pull it out of harm's way in the event of a hurricane. I am interested in anyone's suggestions or comments regarding my plan.
Regards.
Paul

Pmercier said:
Hi,
I'm Paul. I am a married father of a 7 yo boy and 2 yo girl. I work as an emergency department nurse practitioner in Houston TX. My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a 50 x 150 lot near Matagorda Bay on the TX coast and are researching 5th wheels with the intent of setting one up on the lot for a get-a-way location for recreation and fishing. I am looking for a well built unit that will sleep at least 6. I plan on having a slab poured to park on and a cover built above to protect the unit and provide shade while the young trees grow. I want a 5th wheel -vs- a house on stilts so that I can pull it out of harm's way in the event of a hurricane. I am interested in anyone's suggestions or comments regarding my plan.
Regards.
Paul

There is such a thing as a park model trailer.? ?This type of trailer is designed to be towed but only infrequently.? ?It spends most of its life attached to muncipal utilities and so does not have a 12 VDC system.? ?It rather than a 5th wheel would seem to be what you are lookin for.? ? Take a look here http://dealer.breckenridgeparkmodels.com/products.php?location=102

Carl,
Thanks for the suggestion on the breckenridge park models. I did not make mention of my intent to travel one or two weeks  each year to locations throughout the state for vacation. I would stay at RV parks at that time. Are the park models designed with that use in mind?
Paul

Pmercier said:
Carl,
Thanks for the suggestion on the breckenridge park models. I did not make mention of my intent to travel one or two weeks? each year to locations throughout the state for vacation. I would stay at RV parks at that time. Are the park models designed with that use in mind?
Paul

No.  The best use of park models I have seen is the folks that winter in the desert just outside of Palm Springs.  In the summer they have their trailers hauled up to the adjacent San Bernardino mountains by professional haulers.

It sounds like a 5W or a TT is your best bet.

Back
Top Bottom