New Member saying Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WillNC

Hello all!
Me and my wife are in the process of searching for a 5th wheel trailer and starting our adventures!
First trips will be north to PA and NH for some extended family visits. 
We have the truck, 2016 RAM 3500 dually, now for the camper!

Thanks and have a great day!

Welcome to the RV Forum Community, WillNC! I suggest you click on "Library" above and read everything you can. Visit the 5th wheel forum and read, read, read. If you have specific questions about a rig or an aspect of RVing, post them, and then get ready to learn...a lot. This is s friendly group with a ton of knowledge and experience, and we all love to share. Makes us feel important, you know!  ;D

Good luck with your search for the perfect rig for you and your family. And happy travels!

Welcome to the RV Forum WillNC

Sounds like you have the right truck...Now the fun begins. Look at as many RV's as you can to gt an idea of what you want. Don't believe anything the salesmen say.

Welcome to the forum. I'm from NH so if you have any questions, I may be able to help you out. We also have a few other members from NH who could help you. I guess if you have a question, put NH some how in the title of your post.

Thanks all!  Been reading.. reading.. reading.  Visited a handful of lots and a few or more RV shows.  We've decided on a Toy Hauler, more of the convenience of the toy area porch for our pets and Kayaks. 
Now searching for the right 'one'! :)

WillNC said:
Thank when assembleds all!  Been reading.. reading.. reading.  Visited a handful of lots and a few or more RV shows.  We've decided on a Toy Hauler, more of the convenience of the toy area porch for our pets and Kayaks. 
Now searching for the right 'one'! :)

Most of us here will probably tell you to buy used. Something in the 3 or 4 years old area.  New RV are notorious for poor quality control. You'll probably have it in the shop for a month or two before it's even a year old. Then there's the depreciation as soon as you tow/drive it off the lot.  There are lots of them out there used and are in perfect condition. Also, if you do buy from a dealer, stay away from the extended warranties. Most times they are useless. Read the fine print as to what is actually covered before you buy one if you do. 

Thanks, we are looking at a 2014 Raptor 415TS private sale at the moment.  The more I researched the more I leaned towards used just for such reasons.
My troubles now are what to offer.. they are asking NADA prices but at a dealer I know I'd start at 30% or so off that.  Private sales not sure if that is still a starting rule of thumb so to say.
If it doesn't work out we keep searching and searching. 

Back
Top Bottom