New member with a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sueandalb

Hi, we are relatively new to RVing.  We have a 2005 35' class A with a Triton V10.  Our problem is that at 75 mph on a level road the engine coughs and won't go any faster.  We are wondering if there any kind of governors or speed/rpm sensors that might be causing this.  Have had the oil and air filters changed.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

75 is probably all it has to give.  Remember you are pushing a really big heavy box down the road.  To complicate matters the rear end ratio could be anywhere from 4.30 to 5.40 meaning that the RPM of the motor at even 70 is very high.  There is no reason to drive a MH at 75.  Keep it at under 65 your wallet will appreciate it.

I agree with Donn but I will say you need to check and possibly change the fuel filter. I personally try to drive around the 60-62 mph with cruise control. A MH at 75 is looking for trouble. A blowout will give you all the trouble you can maybe handle, especially on the front. Last trip had a less than 2 year old tire separate at 65 mph and was ablwe to stop before any damage was done.

Back
Top Bottom