The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peter-vienna

Hello America  ;)
My name is Peter and I am from Austria / Vienna.
I need time to finish my book, so I took 2 Years timeout.
I found your Forum surfing  Internet, because I am interested to go to USA and stay there about 1-2 Years.
Experts like you maybe can give me some hints how to buy a good diesel RV.
Is there a special good time for purchase a RV ?  Spring / Summer / Winter ???
Are the prices different in USA ?(North or South?) For me it does not matter where I start my journey .- Boston / New York / Seattle / Florida ?
So it is no problem for me where I buy my RV.
I am looking for a diesel RV ( about 38 - 42 ft , not older than 5 Years ) .
Maybe  someone can help me with good tips ( I never own a RV before )
Thank you very much in advance
Peter

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum! You will get lots of answers to your questions. Florida would be a good place to start looking for an RV. There are several dealers around with Lazy Days near Tampa, FL being the largest. There are also other dealers throughout the country that are quite large. Arizona is another place with quite a few dealers.  You might try an internet search as many have their own web sites.

We purchased a new 2000 American Dream from Lazy Days and have been very happy with it. We also had a 1998 Country Coach Intrique. Both are high end motorhomes but there are quite a few now that are lower priced and still very nice.

We've had several forum members from Europe spend time here in our country. It's been a pleasure to meet all of them. Keep asking questions and you should have lots of good info by the time you are ready to purchase.

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  I see Jim has given you some good information.  We bought our American Eagle from Lazy Days.  It is a good place to look.  Check on the web for other possibilities.  Az Phoenix and Yuma areas are also good places to look.

Peter

Click on the Library button above, then click the Newcomers need to know category and select the article Foreigners buying a used RV in USA. This was written by a UK couple who came to the USA and bought a motorhome to tour the country. It's a little out of date, but it might give you a good starting point.

Welcome to the RV Forum Peter!  My memories of visiting Austria are still fresh in my mind, and has remained my all time favorite place.

Hope you will find the resources on our Forum helpful for your travel plans to North America.  Let us know how we can help.

Will look forward to chatting with you further.

Tcheuss!

peter-vienna said:
Hello America? ;)
My name is Peter and I am from Austria / Vienna.
I need time to finish my book, so I took 2 Years timeout.....
I am looking for a diesel RV ( about 38 - 42 ft , not older than 5 Years ) .
Maybe? someone can help me with good tips ( I never own a RV before )
Thank you very much in advance
Peter

Rental companies sell RVs that have been used in rentals.  One company that I am familiar with, El Monte Rents, deals with a lot of Europeans, Germans especially it seems,  and should be familiar with the issues involved.  Take a look at their for sale site at http://www.elmontervsales.com/.  Another company would be Cruise America at http://www.cruiseamerica.com/rv_sales/default.asp

Thank all of you - Jim -Ron - Tom  - Steve and Carl
To get something in Europe for me it is not so difficult than in USA.
To find a RV via Internet is easy -- but it is expensive and take a lot of time to go to US to check the RV. 2 weeks is OK to search and  travel through America. But no longer!
I like to travel 1-2 Years  - but WITH an RV - not  looking for it  :)
So what I am looking for is an serious RV-Dealer (also if someone know and can recommend to me an serious private  with an RV I am looking for please mail me).
I find  http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/ with a wide range offers.
Maybe someone of you you have experience with them or others.
For me it is more  comfortable to come to USA and see a NO1 Seller with a wide range of serious  offers.
Maybe it is better to buy a 1999 or 1998 RV ? 
I see some very interresting  "older" RV`s  in Internet. So i think the People own an RV they are forced to keep them in a good condition and try to complete them.
Also I am sure with an 5- 7 year old RV you(I) will get an better RV than an new one, because the years you use them you will find and fix all the problems you will find in an new.
You see I am a Newbee or "Greenhorn" with RV`s.
I found a lot  of RV`s via E-Bay - but I am not sure are that they really are in this condition, and it it to expensive for me to go once a week to USA just to see a wrack.
So i think it is better to go to a big Company where I can find out from about 200 offers a good RV.
If I am wrong please answer
Thanks and regards
Peter

Based on your last post I would recommend Lazy Days near Tampa Florida.  They have a very large selection of new and used RV/s.  The sales person I would recommend there is Ken Ware. I'm sure they could help you.  You can E-mail Ken Ware at [email protected] and let him know what you are looking for.  I'm sure he will be able to help you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom