The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Honest John

Just wanted to post a Hello message, I just joined today.  We are new to the group, but have been involved with RVs for a while.

I've been interested in your group for some time and peek in off and on, and always learn something new and/or find interesting topics.

We tent camped many years ago and then got tired of sleeping on the ground and got a nice little Starcraft pop up.  We had it for a number of years and enjoyed it very much.  But then both of our sons got into high school and had lots of other activities and it was difficult for all of us to get together to camp.  We sold the pop up and gave up camping for quite a while.

In 1999 the boys had grown up and were leading their own lives, so we decided to try camping again, but more upscale.  We bought a Ford extended cab V-10 and then a 25 ft Aljo 5er.  We both still work so our trips are mostly week end events, and an occasional extended week end. We have taken some longer trips of a thousand miles or so and stayed a couple of weeks.

The Ford and Aljo served us well, but in the summer of 2005 we decided that we'd like a larger, fancier 5er.  First we special ordered a Chevy 2500HD extended cab with the Duramax/ Allison combination.  Then we shopped for a new 5er in the summer of 2006.  Couldn't find exactly what we wanted so we special ordered a Cardinal 30TS. (Special order sounds like a pain, and you have to wait - but it's great when you get it just the way you want it.)

We absolutely love the way the truck pulls.  The Ford was a good truck and we never had any problems, but the Chevy is MUCH stronger.  (The Ford was rated for about 11,500 LBS 5er.  The Chevy is rated for 15,600 lbs 5er.)

There were a few minor issues with the Cardinal when it arrived, but we worked out the bugs and really enjoy it.

We enjoy the group.  Keep up the good work! :D

Welcome aboard, Honest John.  Glad you found us and enjoy our company.  And we are happy to have another experienced camper here and look forward to your future contributions.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Welcome to the Forum, Honest John. Glad you found us and glad to hear you're enjoying your new 5er.

Enjoy
Wendy
Salton Sea State Recreation Area

I just tried making some updates to my profile and wonder about putting a photo in.  Are there specifics I need to know about file size, or photo pixel size?  I don't want to cause a problem for others by a dumb error on my part.  :eek:

I tried looking around in the forum but didn't find anything specific about profile photos.

Thanks,

John

The photos (called avatars) should be sized to no more than 64x64 pixels.  This should keep the file size to <10kB.  We do have some members on dialup and we try to keep our graphics to a minimum for them.

Back
Top Bottom