New members from Tampa Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike144

Hi,  I am Mike and my wife Lynn and I have just gone full time in a 2006 Damon Challenger (38 ft class A).
We just completed a month long round trip to Ohio and back (our shake down cruise) which resulted in a week long break down and a 50 mile tow...  (all better now).  We have just returned to Florida, where we are prepping our house for sale, while living in "Grace" (our motorhome).  We look forward to a life time of sharing of knowledge, and interaction with this group.  Thank you for having us.

Hi Mike. I?m new here as well. Congrats on getting your feet wet. Hope you both enjoyed your trip to OH. Do you know anything about what I would need to bring to the FL DMV for a driver?s license to establish residency as a full timer? I?m looking into a company called Escapees. They have an office in Sumter County. Thank you ?

Hello Mike.  Welcome to The RV FORUM.

You are in for some swell times.  We have many full-timers here.

We are a friendly bunch and we enjoy helping.  Our library is chocked full of good reference materials and what can't be found there can usually be answered by other members.  All you need do is ask.

Our many discussions canoe both helpful and fun.  Join in ND GICE IT A TRY.

Welcome aboard!

Coleslaw said:
Hi Mike. I?m new here as well. Congrats on getting your feet wet. Hope you both enjoyed your trip to OH. Do you know anything about what I would need to bring to the FL DMV for a driver?s license to establish residency as a full timer? I?m looking into a company called Escapees. They have an office in Sumter County. Thank you ?
Hi Coleslaw...
To register with Florida DMV, you will need to bring ID (other state license, etc) official social security card, and proof of Florida residency (utility bill, etc).  For more specific information, check this link:  https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licenses-id-cards/what-to-bring/  .  If you are not a Florida resident already, you can arrange that in advance, by working with a Florida mail forwarding service.
I have been a Florida resident for many years, but since I am selling my home and will no longer have a base, I had to set up a new "home residence address".  I am also a member of Escapees, but I chose to use MyRVMail  (https://www.myrvmail.com/) for $9.00 a month.  It includes a "residency" and they can provide the necessary documentation for DMV.  However, I undertand thaty Escapees is a good option as well.  Hope to meet you on the highways and byways one of these days.  :)

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.  Thanks for helping out other members already!  Good to have you here, let us know if you have any queries. 

Safe travels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom