New members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lsbarish

Hi All,
My husband and I are newly retired and seriously interested in buying a travel trailer and truck.
We are aware of all the things we don't know, have visited several RV shops, spoken to some RVers but still have entry level concerns.
We were told it's best to purchase a used trailer in order to try it out before committing to a newer one. Would anyone have any suggestions where to begin?
Thanks very much,
Bill and Lois

There are many folks here who are experts in TT's and what it takes to tow them.
As you begin your knowledge search, my advice is to ask your questions in this forum rather than a dealership.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Lots of people advise used particularly if you have not camped before or are unsure if you are going to like the lifestyle.

We bought new and do not regret it.  Just offering a different opinion.  If you do decide to go for new make sure you do your homework on floor plans, storage etc.  Consider if it is just the two of you or if you have family visiting frequently etc. as this may determine a different size of rig.  Where do you plan to go?  Mostly RV parks or do you prefer state parks and out of the way places?  If the latter then you may consider a slightly smaller rig as it can be difficult to get into some places if you are larger than around 30ft.

Anyhow as mentioned please come and ask all the questions you need to before spending money and making any expensive mistakes.  We are here to help and there is no such thing as a dumb question!

Good luck.

BinaryBob said:
There are many folks here who are experts in TT's and what it takes to tow them.
As you begin your knowledge search, my advice is to ask your questions in this forum rather than a dealership.

First welcome to the RV Forum. 

Binary Bob is right.  This is absolutely one of the best or possibly the best resource you will find.  Lots of kind folks with expert advice.

Welcome aboard!

Buying a used one first is a great idea however finding a clean used one can be difficult.  We looked at a lot of "Clean well maintained RV".  Some we couldn't even go inside of due to the smell. Clean means different things to different people I guess.

I'd suggest renting a class C RV for a week or so if you've never had nor used one before. You'll learn a lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom