New MH category?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
I'm not sure WHAT category of motorhomes this one fits in... Class D?  ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200022039310

Thought it was interesting enough to show everyone.  On another note, my MH search is getting more serious now.  The wife is convinced and fully on-board (yay!) so now it's a matter of finding the right rig, at the right price, close enough to us.  If we're lucky enough maybe we'll find one on "end of season" discount this year, or keep saving our money and wait until next season nears to buy.  Wish me luck!

Ir's a converted box van.  Not common but not unheard of either.  From the details, it was probably a rental (Ryder from the info).

Tom said:
Definitely the Ryder Truck conversion category.

Wanna read about another "different" kind of RV? Check out Ray's DIVCO conversion.

Tom:

I'm afraid Chris is right, you spend way too much time on the computer to remember where to find Divco threads! ;D ;D

LOL Jeff, it's in our library, so I didn't have to look too far. I wish he'd come back and posted pre and post photos.

Scotty - I've said it before ... I enjoy being an observer of your search. Others have also said this and it's true: there's definitely a let down after an intense search. I find myself still wanting to look at ads even though I'm happy.

In my case, my wife was a bit skeptical. Our hunt first took us to trailers. At an RV show, I actually bought a 27' trailer. The financing didn't go through. I was actually a bit shocked because I've NEVER had credit problems. i bought the house we live in on just my signature 4 years back and there was nothing in the credit report. Well, I checked it out and there were some errors that I've since cleared up but it was a blessing in disguise. I was getting ready to tow a 4,000 lb 27' trailer with my Ford Explorer 2dr 6 cyl! Never, ever would have worked. Yet I had the fever and of course the sales guy wanted the commission. That's when my wife first mentioned  "motor home." I started looking around and was pleasantly surprised that used entry level rigs were within our reach. And the more I looked, the more I liked the idea of just firing it up and heading out.

When I found the unit I liked, I jumped on it like a big dog. I did a lot wrong - like not having it professionally checked out - and it may come back to haunt me but for now, it seems like a good decision. I'll let you know more in a week when we return from our first overnight road trip. Ahhhh - everyone remembers their first time, right?

Danny
Poulsbo WA

Back
Top Bottom