New model of MaxxAir vent fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
MaxxAir has introduced a new model of ceiling vent fan, obviously intended to compete better with Fantastic Vent.  It looks like it could have some merit, but will have to hear from some actual usage expererience to know for sure.  It is a hybrid design, where the vent cover rises but stays over the vent to shield it from rain and debris. Air is exhausted (or sucked in) through louvers under the front edge.

http://www.maxxair.com/products/MaxxFan.aspx

Gary,
Standby for a report. I am having one installed in my new coach and will report when I get it. Latest PDI date is the end of next week.

On my old cramper, I had a Maxxair fan plus a Fantasic fan. I had two other vents that were just plain vents with no fan which I covered with Max vent covers. The new coach, comes with two auto Fantastics and one dinky 12 v fan in the toilet. I got the new Maxxfan for the toilet because of the low profile while in motion. I like to leave the vents cracked most of the time, so I'm planning to cover the Fantastics with a Maxx cover, unless I really like the new Maxxfan. If that happens, I might replace the auto Fantastics with the new Maxxfans instead of covering them.

Bruce

Leave the Fantastics open, won't hurt them. Fantastic will replace them free if they get damaged. We frequently travel with ours open.

We too have all the different types of fans - A fully automatic Fantastic, a multispeed MaxxAir with the t-stat, a "plain old" noisy fan in the toilet room and plus another fanless vent in bath area.  We don't use the fan in the toilet room enough to justify the expense of replacing it, though. 

MaxxAir and the Fantastic each  have their pros and cons and depending on specific conditions I love one and curse the other And then conditions change I reverse my opinion!  ::)

I'll be looking forward to hearing the pros and cons of the new MaxxFan.

I don't have any idea how good Maxaire customer support is.  However, from our experience and from what I have heard from others Fantastic Fans' customer support and reliability has been FANTASTIC.

I'll second Ron's endorsement of Fantastic Fan's customer support. ;D

RV Roamer said:
MaxxAir has introduced a new model of ceiling vent fan, obviously intended to compete better with Fantastic Vent.

Cute.  I use the large MaxxAir cover over my Fantastic Fan which works great but is larger than the new model MaxxAir fan.  I think you should get one Gary and give us your opinion.  ;D

Phil

BernieD said:
Bruce

Leave the Fantastics open, won't hurt them. Fantastic will replace them free if they get damaged. We frequently travel with ours open.

Bernie,
Wish I could but when it is in the storage area without power I'll get water in when it rains.

BruceinFL said:
BernieD said:
Wish I could but when it is in the storage area without power I'll get water in when it rains.

Bruce

Yeah, that coud be a problem. I usually leave the cover open just a about an inch, enough for some air but not enough for rain to get in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom