New motorhome shelter -- just in time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanAndKaty

We got this new shelter put up about ten days or so before this record snowfall hit the Seattle area a week or so ago. We're out in the sticks a bit and up in elevation, and got about 22-24 inches of snow that's still hanging around as we have a slow thaw. Can't imagine having this on top of our new Nexus and the worry that we'd have had!

Attachments

• Nexus in snow.PNG
    Nexus in snow.PNG
    312.4 KB · Views: 179
Very nice shelter  :)).  I'm thinking of doing the same for my TT just to keep the elements off.

Good protection but the sun will do more damage than the snow.  I wash mine and put it away immediately after every trip.

Congrats on the new shelter, and at least you have the snow load test out of the way right away.

Thanks, all. Yes I know the weight load wouldn't have been a problem but with all the pressure and cold and wet on the seams and seals, I would have still been worrying. And yes I hear you on the shelter being a good protector from the sun as well as the snow and rain. Glad and very fortunate to have it, for sure.

SeanAndKaty said:
And yes I hear you on the shelter being a good protector from the sun as well as the snow and rain. Glad and very fortunate to have it, for sure.

Sun?  In Seattle???    :p

Let me preface by saying I want to build something similar here at home - but am space constrained. 

More on topic - we had a friend that had a very similar shelter built up on their property near Chama, NM.  The shelter fell down onto the camper.  Granted this was not normal weather, even for that hard hit area.

https://www.abqjournal.com/news/state/282891nm02-06-08.htm

My shelter is the same idea as O/P but much smaller. Had to raise it 18" when changed from Class C to Class A.  Last snow we go +-4" about 10 yrs ago

Very nice.  I had a similar one built several years ago to avoid hail and falling tree debris but mine is big enough to also house my boat and toad.  Money well spent.

larrypowellnc said:
Very nice.  I had a similar one built several years ago to avoid hail and falling tree debris but mine is big enough to also house my boat and toad.  Money well spent.

Yeah, that?s another plus, Larry ? this is very close to a number of very tall fir trees and we lose some good-size limbs and branches every year that could easily do some damage to an RV roof! It was a chunk of money but I definitely sleep better. Too bad we have to have material possessions in our life cause worry like that.

I too have shelter envy. I like that design, simple, yet effective.

I'll be adding a parking spot next to the garage this year for the camper and phase two would include a shelter. Any recommendation on shelter brands?

Hanr3 said:
I too have shelter envy. I like that design, simple, yet effective.  I'll be adding a parking spot next to the garage this year for the camper and phase two would include a shelter. Any recommendation on shelter brands?

Thank you, and sorry for my delay. I don't know about "brand" of building -- ours was manufactured by West Coast Metal in Oregon and put in by a local crew from www.coveryourtoys.com in the Tacoma WA area. No affiliation with them other than being a satisfied customer. Pretty much our design; not that there's a lot to design. We picked how far down the siding went on each side, the roof/end type, the colors, the height and width.

SeanAndKaty said:
Thank you, and sorry for my delay. I don't know about "brand" of building -- ours was manufactured by West Coast Metal in Oregon and put in by a local crew from www.coveryourtoys.com in the Tacoma WA area. No affiliation with them other than being a satisfied customer. Pretty much our design; not that there's a lot to design. We picked how far down the siding went on each side, the roof/end type, the colors, the height and width.

I?m thinking I wouldn?t let the snow build up too much more on your shelter.  Especially the heavy, wet ?Cascade Concrete?.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom