New old part timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldmisterbill

Hi! My name is Bill. Im a disabled 76 year old disabled vietnam vet, live in wagoner OK. I just purchased a 1995 Southwind deisel pusher, to fill our bucket list. My beloved love of my life Deb left to be with our Lord in June. My neice and her Dad will be my travel mates. My last rv many years ago was a 71 winnebago chief. Wow, Have things changed. I have a helper to do the work as my fixing days are over. And are finding lil things that need fixing, I am blessed to have friends that will help when they can, because I am finding my limitations are more than my old mind will admit to. I plan to go to Massachusetts to see family and old friends from my first 55 years of life. Then to MI to spend a week with an ole Army buddy. Working around Dr appointments will be tough but oh well life is a challenge any way. I was a truck driver for many years, then went to industrial maintence for my last years til I had to retire younger than had planned for medical reasons. after many years had a lil fear of the large vehicle. 20 miles on I44 and I was at home again. Oh yes we plan on spend weekends camping locally around Ok. If I am lucky maybe I will meet some members, I am the big guy carrying a mobility underneath me with whiskers hiding wrinkles. See ya when we are looking at ya.

He has a dog, he must be a good person....
Ask any question you have here. You probably can't come up with an original silly question. If you do we can recycle the last answer.....
Best of luck.
Matt

Hi Bill, like you I lost my soul mate, but mine pasted away 5 years ago. 2 1/2 years ago I got my new angel from a rescue. I bought a 2003 Damon Ultra Sport 40' Diesel pusher so she can travel with me. Maybe we'll meet somewhere on the road.

Bill, If you get near SW Michigan, let me know. Always ready to thank a vet and buy you a beer.

Hello Bill, Welcome, I just joined recently myself, also a vet but a few years younger than you. My wife and I are working on the bucket list ourselves. We did hospice care for our as he suffered through cancer and passed last winter. There were too many sad memories to stay in our house so we sold it and decided to hit the road full time, something we had talked about on and off through the years. We haven't gone far yet - getting our medicines and Doctor appointment organized enough leave travel room takes a bit of time.

The only good advice I can offer is, if you don't have family to take care of it for you, find a good mail service agent that will receive your mail and packages, and one that will forward it to you when your gone for a while.

Good luck in your travels,
R

Back
Top Bottom