New on the page

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt_C

I recently discovered this forum, I am interested to see what happens here.  We have had a GMC for more than a dozen years and are getting around a lot.  We still have a lot to see. 

Welcome to the RV Forum Matt.

What happens here is a lot of people donate their free time and knowledge to help other people enjoy the Rv life.

Some of us have a little fun on the way. Nothing like a little humor to lighten your load when you trying to repair things. 

Hi Matt and welcome.  Lots of chat goes on here as you will soon discover.  Good to have you join in the fun!

Arch,

Yes, it is a real live GMC.  A 1973 23'  with 170K and still going strong.  We are about to go from SE MI to Tallahassee for the GMCMI International Convention.  We have only owned her a few more than a dozen years.  That makes us new in this crowd. 

Matt 

Matt_C said:
Arch,

Yes, it is a real live GMC.  A 1973 23'  with 170K and still going strong.  We are about to go from SE MI to Tallahassee for the GMCMI International Convention.  We have only owned her a few more than a dozen years.  That makes us new in this crowd. 

Matt

It would be great if you could post a picture or two. They had some unique designs.

Here's a bit of nostalgia.  When the GMC motorhome was being designed and tested, my mother was married to one of the people who worked on it.  On one of our visits he took us on a tour of that area and we saw the prototype on the shaker where each wheel was hooked up to simulate vibrations while driving down a road.  It was a pretty nifty motorhome!

ArdraF

Last year, there were a bunch of them pulled into our CG.  12 or more. One was parked next to me. They were from Nova Scotia I believe. They left a few days before us to head home. We left and on our second night after driving about 1300 miles, we stopped at a rest stop in CT. We woke up the morning only to find them right next to us. That will never happen again in a million years.

What happened from this thread,

to this post? Or did it all start long before 2019?

I am glad to read it has worked for some of you. We had wonderful plans and dreams.

I had a built up big nest egg until the "Abrogation" by the then administration. They disregarded laws and rules and 28year (since kids left) of no good vacations or big toys. This was all done looking forward to a fun retirement. It is gone.

If you think I am bitter, that just means you can read.

Matt

I'm confused byZiplock's post, quoting another thread with different subject matter -- not sure what she's asking, or what Dan's thread has to do with this.

Larry,
Don't feel bad, this thread started with my post almost 3 years ago.
I have no idea why Ziplock connected this with the more recent post. That second remark was at the end of a very unrelated recent post.
Matt

Well, I read this thread also and am equally confused what this is all about. However, that's really ok. I retired exactly 1 month ago and my brain just stopped working. It's been a fantastic month not having to figure "things" out any more. So, I'm not trying to figure this out either. I don't have to "think" any more, so why try!

I told my wife I'll probably forget everything about "everything" now that I officially crossed the retirement threshold. And then said:

Can't you just see it.... Officer: Hey there fellow, you were driving pretty fast. Can I see your license and registration. Me: Sure officer, here it is. Officer: OK sir, lets start. What's your name? Me: Um ... well sir ... um .... I'm sorry, but if you don't know it, I guess your just out of luck because I can't remember either!

Back
Top Bottom