New RV awning.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobtop46

I purchased an RV awning from RV Shade.  I asked that he send me a DVD of how to install it myself.  Solo.  The awning cost me $228 and I had to buy a couple things to do the job myself.  I purchased a pop rivet gun, some rivets and a file from Ace Hardware.  I got the awning in a few days and the DVD the day before.  Today I did the install myself and very pleased with results.  The only difficulty I had was getting the holes lined back up on the end caps of the roller tube to reinstall the pop rivets.  Other then that it is pretty simple and not nearly the PITA I thought it was going to be.

Attachments

• 2012-10-29 New Awning.jpg
    2012-10-29 New Awning.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 75
You did a great job!

I met a couple last spring, and that is all they do for a living... is install, repair, replace awnings.  Shame I didn't meet you first.  ;D

I had no idea you could get a DVD to tell you how to do it, but you are very resourceful!

@parttymer.  I am in San Marcos Texas.  Today high 77 with abundant sunshine.  I almost hate to mention the park because it is so awesome.  I will never get back in here if the secret gets out.  Pecan RV Park Riverside. 

Free unlimited WiFi and very fast.  Free cable about 80 channels.  $275 a month winter Texan rate + electric.  Good security, indoor heated swimming pool, excellent Verizon 3G coverage, and pretty quiet.  No complaints.

If I had to wish for one thing here is that Verizon would put up one more 4G tower half way between Austin and San Antonio to connect both 4G areas.  Right in a 4G gap between them. 

Great area and a Cabela's right down the road in Buda, not to mention that you're well within range of Shiner and a great brewery tour!!

Plenty of stuff to do especially if you're not inclined to go into cities.  Unfortunately we're trying to figure out where to go for a putt today and there's just not much to do in and around the Mathis/Swinney Switch area unless you want to go into Corpus Christi.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom