New RV buyer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few RVs look as good as the pictures imply, so avoid getting too excited based on photos and description. And certainly do not commit to buy without seeing it first hand. If you must make a deposit, make sure it is refundable if you are not satisified after seeing/checking it.

So how does this inspection process work?

Agree on offer pending inspections like a mortgage, or have inspection completed then make an offer?

We are driving 6.5 hours this weekend to look at TT's.

You have to make inspection arrangements with the seller, who may or may not agree to make the RV available, provide electric or water hook-ups, etc. And of course you have to coorrdinate with the inspectors schedule too. Typically the buyer gives a deposit and makes an offer contingent on a satisfactory inspection, but it's whatever you and the seller agree on.

How legit is a PDI (pre-delivery inspection) from a dealer?
From what I have read, worthless. They might address glaring visual issues that would affect the sale but they are not going to spend a nickel more than they have to to get your money. Then it is you and the service department’s problem - the salesman is off spending his commission.

I used RVTrader To find mine.

I've been playing around on RV Trader looking at campers and unable to find where you can look for an inspector. What was your secret?

Its a challenge to find what we want. We both like to get a 26RL, next is RK. We are thinking that is the choice for everyone. The other challenge is Casper, WY doesn't have much to offer for inventory, so we are having to travel out of state.

I've been playing around on RV Trader looking at campers and unable to find where you can look for an inspector. What was your secret?

Its a challenge to find what we want. We both like to get a 26RL, next is RK. We are thinking that is the choice for everyone. The other challenge is Casper, WY doesn't have much to offer for inventory, so we are having to travel out of state.
Most RL layouts are a good choice for comfort inside. In our situation and uses this does eliminate most of the models that offer any outside frig or grill setup built into the campers. We really like the small frigs, whether it has the additional cooking appliances or not. We have had it all on the outsides, from the 21 foot to 24 and looking for a larger one for more inside comfort. So we are right there with you.

Most of the RBs will give you at minimum the outside frig feature. The RK models are limited in kitchen cabinet storage. But they normally give you a bit more counter space when the kitchen has the L Shape counter.

But most of the working mechanisms of the campers in that layout remove some of the storage in the bottom cabinets. So they are all a compromise. You just need to figure out what is more important when staying with the 26 foot sizes.

I figure if I am buying an rv to travel in, then I shouldn’t worry about traveling to get it. Cheyenne, Fort Collins & Denver are certainly places likely to have units.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom