New RVer in Metro Detroit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tettnanger

Hi all,

Brand new RVer here.  I just bought a used 2003 Coleman Caravan 25SB (Fleetwood) travel trailer about a month ago private party.  The first thing I noticed when I got it in my driveway was that when plugged in to power my electrical outlets, microwave, etc all worked but my refrigerator, lights, and some other stuff didn't.  It turned out my converter was bad so I had to shell out a few hundred bucks to fix that and I haven't even used the thing yet.  My wife, kids, and I are getting ready to take the RV out on its maiden voyage to a campground the weekend after next.  We're looking forward to lots of great family time and to seeing parts of the country we've never seen before!

Welcome from another newby here. It sucks to have to fix it just after you bought it but hopefully you will get plenty of use out of it now.
Good luck & happy camping
John

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Too bad about the defective converter.  Unfortunately these things can happen when we buy a previously owned unit, and the seller"forgets" to mention what might need attention.

Feel free to join in any ongoing Forum discussion and let us know if you need info.

Hello  tettnanger, If you need anything or help with anyting....

Well, I often sign "John in Detroit"  I just stopped trailering and bought a Class A last year, but I'm used to working my way around a rig when needed.

Some of our best RV stories are about things that went wrong. Enjoy your RV even when things go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom