New RV'er in Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chieftain22

I have just purchased a 1986 Winnebago Chieftain 22.  I have never driven a RV before this one. I drove it home about 1000 miles after purchasing it.  I took a little getting used to, but it was a good trip. I want to learn about the basic operations and maintenance on the RV. I also am interested in secluded lake and river sites in Tennessee.
Thanks

Welcome to our forum. Congratulations on the Chieftain. It sounds like you're already past the white knuckly stage of a first-time RV driver.

Welcome to the forum. I was a nervous wreck the first time I drove our RV (a 24' class C Coachman at the time). Now I stay calm by letting the hubby do all the driving.

Ask any questions you have about RVing....there's bound to be someone here who can answer them.

And enjoy that Rv !!

Welcome to the RV Forum and congratulations on you Chieftain.  Keep with it the driving part will become very enjoyable.  Thanks for joining us.

chieftain22 said:
I have just purchased a 1986 Winnebago Chieftain 22.? I have never driven a RV before this one. I drove it home about 1000 miles after purchasing it.? I took a little getting used to, but it was a good trip. I want to learn about the basic operations and maintenance on the RV. I also am interested in secluded lake and river sites in Tennessee.
Thanks

We just acquired an 85 same model...........trying to figure out a few things also.  How many gallons does the fuel tank hold?  I do not know a ton about RV's and am afraid to go out our first time for fear we will mess up the toilet, the shower, the stove etc. 

Is there some sort of checklist to check each time out, like things to have filled and checked?

kristen,

Click the Library button above and select Checklists.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom