New RVer! Well, thinking about it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the info. Those are things I was hoping I would find out about.
I think we're going to need one with the garage in the back, in order to get both bikes to fit inside. I'll make sure that the ramp will be at a good angle to not scrape the pipes or have trouble getting up in. I will also make sure that with any bumpouts all the way in we can still get to the bathroom and kitchen/fridge. Was looking at ones that had 2 bathrooms, with 1 in the garage, so we could always access that.
I think most rear toy hauler ramps are okay. I did have to put the truck rear axle on ramps for my Chieftain, but it is a pretty low bike and it was a pretty old 2008 toy hauler. My girlfriends’ Scout went right in without dragging.
The thing that I don’t like about toy hauler trailers is the wasted garage space. I know that they will convert to living or sleeping areas, but not aesthetically.
I love that our Class A is all camper and the bikes, boards, and tools are all in the box trailer.

A bumper pull (travel trailer) with a 2500 should work fine for you. However, you'll need a good weight distribution hitch with anti-sway system.

Keep in mind it is not just about towing the weight, but also about handling all that sail area that a 5th wheel has.
Yeah, I figured as much, which is why most want that dually, to get the extra traction and stability of the extra wheels/tires on the back.
I may end up regretting my decision, but I guess we'll see. Like I said, PO hauled quite a bit with it in this moutainous area, and didn't mention having those issues. Of course, he could have just omitted that, but he told me about quite a bit of other things he didn't have to, so I thought I got a good picture of this thing.

Back
Top Bottom