New Rv'er

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jw1318

Hi all, need experienced advice.  We are evacuees from New Orleans and have been let down by FEMA and SBA.  So, after some prayer, we've decided to get an RV to live in while the house is being repaired (may be 3-6 mos.)  My question is we found a company that sells new and used and also consignment RV's.  There is a 2004 Fleetwood Terra for $44,900 with just 10,617 miles on it.  The only other info I pulled off the internet is this - Chevrolet 8.1L with 10617 miles, A&E 8500 patio awning, hitch, ladder, Onan Marquis Gold 5500 generator, electric step, in dash am/fm/cd stereo, Dometic double door refrigerator, microwave, dual ducted a/c, 3 burner stove with gas oven, tv.  So what do you think?  Unfortunately, we have to be back for our jobs at the end of this month or we lose them.  We're trying our best to make an informed decision but as you can see we're under the gun here.  Please post an answer as soon as possible, we'll be going to the dealers tomorrow.  Remember, the clock is ticking.  Luv you all for your help and God bless, thanks!!

You can get some idea of prices from http://www.nadaguides.com

Go to the library & look at their Nada book....A dealer is only going to give wholesale Or below on a trade in.? Most private sellers or only going to get used wholesale unless they are lucky.? This is a buyers mkt? so don't offer much above used wholesale.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Thanks for your info and Tom's.  I looked on the NADA website and the price was about the same.  NADA stated from a low of $45 to a high of $53.  This is a great site. Thanks!

You're welcome jw1318.

You might want to read some of our checklists before going to the dealer. Click the Library button above, then select Checklists.

One request - please do not post multiple copies of your message on our various message boards. Posting your message once allows all replies to be posted to the same topic, thereby keeping them all together.

Thanks and good luck with the purchase.

Sorry Tom didn't realize it clogged things up. I checked that checklist also printed so we know what to look for. Love this website.  I will look forward to more input.

No need for apologies. I really hope you find what you're looking for in an RV. I realize you're short of time, but there are lots of used ones out there for sale.

>> I looked on the NADA website and the price was about the same.<<

That won't give you the wholesale price...You either have to purchase the commercial Nada book for about $100 or go to the library & look at it for free.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom