new tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beerman

I need new tires for my class A is camping world a good place to go? I dont want to go to a regular tire shop unless they know RV's
Brian

Let me put it this way I wouldn't go to Camping World for tires.  We just put new tires on the Eagle and we went to the Goodyear dealer where they know what they are doing and they know tires.

Beerman said:
I need new tires for my class A is camping world a good place to go? I dont want to go to a regular tire shop unless they know RV's
Brian

Brian,

I had a whole set put on my diesel pusher at Camping World and they did a great job. It was part of the Newmar recall and Michlean provided the tires. The install and balancing was first rate and would not hesitate to use them again.

This recall-replacement was a major effort and I know a number of Newmar owners who had it done at Camping World stores across the country and never saw a complaint on our Newmarowners news group.

Bob

You don't seem to get many complaints when freebees are involved.  Personally I wouldn't have even gone to Camping world for tires under those circumstances. 

Ron said:
You don't seem to get many complaints when freebees are involved.  Personally I wouldn't have even gone to Camping world for tires under those circumstances. 

I had a less than favorable impression of them at one time but things have changed with me. I had an awning lock replaced and they did a professional job at better rate than I had quoted else where. In fact the tech took me on time, did the job in a short time, had me to come out to RV while he took the awning up and down and demonstrated that all was OK. Have not had a problem with it.

I don't understand your comment about 'freebees are involved'. They changed 6 tires, balanced the front so I don't see what that has to do with degrading my evaluation of them doing a fine professional job. I watched part of the job toward the end and I was really impressed with the individual doing the work.

Guess we just have different impressions of Camping World.  I just have not been really that impressed with any we have visited in that I would have to be very hard pressed to let them work on our coach. 

Ron:

I'll join Bob in that I have had very good work done at Camping World including the Banks Power Pack we had on the Pace Arrow, wiring for our Toad, and some awning work.

? I dont want to go to a regular tire shop unless they know RV's

It's more important to know about tires than to know about RVs. Unfortunately, many tire shops don't seem to know much about tires either, at least not BIG tires. I'd recommend a truck tire shop over most any RV dealer or passenger car tire dealer, but CW probably does install a lot of RV tires and mostly the larger sizes, so maybe its not a bad place.

When I put new GY670 275/75/22.5 on my MH, I shopped for price and found the local Campimg World to be cheaper (after my President's discount) by almost $250 for the six tires over my GY Commercial Tire Center. The CW tires had fresh dates and the installation was done correctly, I had them balanced withe Equal.

I was pleased with my local Camping World.

I have put about 7500 miles on the tires since I changed them.

Check prices/check date codes wherever you go.

Back
Top Bottom