New to an RV forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fulltime 2022

Hello all, my wife and I just sold our house and decided to travel fulltime in our motorhome for while. We owned a 30' Cardinal 5th wheel for 16 years, sold it and bought a 2007 Fleetwood Expedition Class A. While we are not new to camping/RVing, this is the first time we've actually joined a forum of sorts. We also bought a 2007 Jeep Wrangler to t ow behind and wondering which braking system would be preferred to install.

Welcome to the forum. I don’t tow so I can’t answer your question. Someone will be around soon to help you

Welcome to The RV Forum! If you haven't yet bought a tow bar for the Jeep, NSA has a cable driven braking system that's part of their Ready Brute tow bar or available as a separate unit if you already have a tow bar. It's simple and effective and costs much less than other braking systems. When the Jeep presses against the motorhome a spring loaded lever pulls on a cable connected to the Jeep's brake pedal, applying the brakes. Easy to connect and disconnect, others require installing and removing a box in front of the Jeep's driver's seat that does the same thing every time you connect or disconnect.

Manufacturer of the Ready Brute Elite tow bar and the Ready Brake

Welcome to The RV Forum! If you haven't yet bought a tow bar for the Jeep, NSA has a cable driven braking system that's part of their Ready Brute tow bar or available as a separate unit if you already have a tow bar. It's simple and effective and costs much less than other braking systems. When the Jeep presses against the motorhome a spring loaded lever pulls on a cable connected to the Jeep's brake pedal, applying the brakes. Easy to connect and disconnect, others require installing and removing a box in front of the Jeep's driver's seat that does the same thing every time you connect or disconnect.

Manufacturer of the Ready Brute Elite tow bar and the Ready Brake
Thanks for the info, I have a Blue Ox tow bar for the rig...will this unit work on it?

The standalone Ready Brake will, it goes between the motorhome and towbar. Or you can get the all in one unit.

Since most cars there days have power assist brakes, I assume these systems can apply enough force when the power assist isn’t operating? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom