New to board and RV'ing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrlegoman

Hello all. My wife and I just purchased a 'used' 2018 Coachmen Chaparral 5th wheel.  Basically permanently parked as we're working in between two cities and don't want to sell our home.  I've already built a floating deck outside and got a pallet of pavers to start a patio area (to help cover up the dirt patch we're parked on). Loads of 'fun' setting up the RV for the first time (no instructions, no keys, took half a day to figure out how to get power to the fridge). Already had a water leak to fix (luckily fresh water). And now we're getting ready for colder weather living. I'm having issues with our heating zone, but I'll find the right forum to ask about that in.
All in all, excited to be here. Looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.

Welcome to the forum and to RV living! Where abouts do you live? I ask because winter means different things in Maine than Texas lol

Welcome!

My 1988 15ft Lynx came with all the keys (one for every hatch on the outside) and every manual ever produced for every part!! lol  ;D
I don't envy your battle as we had a few "learning curves" and we had all the documents!

I like your idea as I have always slept better in my own bed .... either on wheels or in the house.
Keep us posted on your adventures in RVing

RVMommaTo6 said:
Welcome to the forum and to RV living! Where abouts do you live? I ask because winter means different things in Maine than Texas lol
We're in the central band of Virginia. (Or "East Virginia" as my West Virginian parents call it)

So speaking of, which forum is the best for asking questions about winter living?

General Discussion will do nicely - it's a set of questions common to all RVs. Yu might also use SEARCH to find previous discussions about cold weather camping or living.

Never fear about posting on the "wrong" board (forum).  A moderator will move it if they think it will get more/better answers on another board, and no wrists will be slapped.  As much as possible, the staff prefers to be facilitators rather than traffic cops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom